This Hot Onion Dip is hands down, the quickest, easiest, most delicious onion dip you will ever make! Even people that don’t like onions love this dip.
And….You only need 3 ingredients! How much easier can it get?
The holidays are time for having lots of parties with family and friends. That means at some point you’re going to have to come up with a new side-dish. My aunt brought this hot onion dip to a party years ago and I haven’t had anything better since. Everyone there was begging her for the recipe. She told us that some people call it the “2+2+2 Dip” because it makes it easy to remember the recipe ingredients that way;
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2+2+2 Dip. Get it? ….We couldn’t believe how simple it was!All you need is 2 cups of chopped sweet onions, 2 cups of real mayonnaise and 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese. Mix them together and bake them at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. That’s it! Serve with any kind of cracker or or toasted french bread slices.
You can make this dip ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve it. I love to sprinkle a little fresh thyme on top but that’s totally optional. It just gives it that special little “something something”.
I promise you, this will be the hit of the party…It’s a must try!Print
- 2 cups real mayonaisse
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and use a paper towel to gently blot off any excess oil on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Serve warm with crusty bread or crackers.
You might also like these delicious appetizers!