Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are a favorite among party goers. This recipe combines everyone’s favorite flavors of classic buffalo wings … juicy chicken, spicy buffalo sauce and cool ranch dressing, all rolled into one flavor packed bite!
No wet wipes needed!
QUICK AND EASY APPETIZER OR SNACK
This is an easy-to-serve, bite-sized version of the classic buffalo wing. These pinwheels come together in less than 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients and costs less than $5!
If you’re in a pinch for time, make them the same day or whip them up a couple of days in advance.
how to make buffalo chicken pinwheels (50 sec):
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl, except the tortillas … of course, and beat with an electric mixer until well combined and spreadable.
- Put about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the mixture on a tortilla and spread evenly. Roll the tortilla up and repeat until you’ve used all of the mixture.
- Place the roll-ups in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up. This will make it easier to cut them into slices.
- Cut each pinwheel into 1 inch slices, place on a serving platter and enjoy. Easy peasy!
To make this dip super easy, I used canned chicken breasts, but you can use any cooked chicken you have on hand.
If you want to use your own chicken breast instead of using canned chicken, I suggest cooking the chicken breast in your slow cooker. Chicken that has been slow cooked is the easiest chicken to shred for dips like this one. Try my Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe!
These really are the perfect finger food for any party, in any season. Make sure to double the recipe, your guest will be begging for more!
If you are looking for cold dip ideas, check out this retro style recipe for Cold Shrimp Dip! It’s super easy and always a party pleaser too!
Only 5 ingredients are needed to make this amazing appetizer.
- 8 oz. (226 g) fat free cream cheese
- 12.5 oz. (354 g) can of chicken or 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup Louisiana style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing dry seasoning
- 4 burrito sized tortillas or 6 taco sized tortillas
- chopped chives (optional, the ranch dressing dry seasoning usually contains chives)
- Place all of the ingredients, except the tortillas, into a medium size mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the mixture onto a tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place the rolls on a sheet or plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- When you are ready to serve, cut each roll-up into 10-12 pinwheels.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can also serve as a cold dip with tortilla chips instead of making pinwheels.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 19
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: easy party food, finger food, easy to make party appetizer