Buffalo Chicken Dip Pinwheels are a favorite among party goers. This recipe combines everyone’s favorite flavors of classic buffalo wings. Juicy chicken, spicy buffalo sauce and cool ranch dressing, all rolled into one flavor packed bite!
This is an easy-to-serve, bite-sized version of the classic buffalo wing.
These pinwheels come together in less than 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients and costs less than $5!
If you’re in a pinch for time, make them the same day or whip them up a couple of days in advance.
How to make buffalo chicken dip pinwheels
- Place the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and ranch seasoning into a medium mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients together until they are well combined and have a spreadable consistency.
- Scoop ¼ to ½ cup of the mixture on a tortilla and spread evenly.
- Roll the tortilla up and repeat until you've used all of the mixture.
- Place the roll-ups in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up. This will make it easier to cut them into slices.
- Cut each pinwheel into 1 inch slices, place on a serving platter and enjoy!
Tips for making pinwheels
- To make this dip super easy, I used canned chicken breasts, but you can use any cooked chicken you have on hand. Try this air-fryer whole chicken recipe!
- If you want to use your own chicken breast instead of using canned chicken, I suggest cooking the chicken breast in your slow cooker. Chicken that has been slow cooked is the easiest chicken to shred for dips like this one. Try my Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken recipe!
- These really are the perfect finger food for any party, in any season.
- Make sure to double the recipe, your guest will be begging for more!
How to store
Store leftovers in the fridge in a container for up to 3 days. Serve cold.
Other cold appetizers you might like!
Did you make this Buffalo Chicken Dip Pinwheels recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Pinwheels
- 8 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 12.5 oz. can of chicken (or 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup Louisiana style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing dry seasoning
- 4 burrito sized tortillas or 6 taco sized tortillas
- chopped chives (optional, the ranch dressing dry seasoning usually contains chives)
- Place all of the ingredients, except the tortillas, into a medium size mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Spread ¼ to ⅓ cup of the mixture onto a tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place the rolls on a sheet or plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- When you are ready to serve, cut each roll-up into 10-12 pinwheels.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can also serve as a cold dip with tortilla chips instead of making pinwheels.