Buffalo Chicken Dip Pinwheels is an easy appetizer recipe that is quick and simple to make. Perfect for summer parties, bbqs or even potluck dinners.
Cream cheese along with shredded chicken, buffalo hot sauce and ranch dressing give you a burst of flavor in every bite!
Buffalo chicken dip is a favorite among party goers. This recipe combines everyone’s favorite flavors of classic buffalo wings. Juicy chicken, spicy buffalo sauce and cool ranch dressing, all rolled into a flour tortilla.
This is an easy-to-serve, bite-sized appetizer recipes that is sure to be a crowd favorite.
Make them the same day or whip them up a couple of days in advance. These pinwheels come together in less than 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients.
How to make buffalo chicken dip pinwheels
- Place the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and ranch seasoning into a medium mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the ingredients together until they are well combined and have a spreadable consistency.
- Scoop ¼ to ½ cup of the mixture on a tortilla and spread evenly.
- Roll the tortilla up and repeat until you've used all of the mixture.
- Place the roll-ups in the fridge for an hour or two to firm up. This will make it easier to cut them into slices.
- Cut each pinwheel into 1 inch slices, place on a serving platter and enjoy!
Tips for making pinwheels
- Let the rolled tortillas chill in the fridge for at least one hour before slicing. The cream cheese needs a chance to firm up to make slicing the pinwheels much easier.
- To make this dip super easy, I used canned chicken breasts, but you can use any cooked chicken you have on hand. Sometimes I use shredded chicken that has been slow cooked in a crockpot because it is the easiest chicken to shred for dips like this one. Try my easy Crockpot shredded chicken recipe.
How to store
These pinwheels can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve cold for the best experience.
More easy appetizers
Buffalo Chicken Dip Pinwheels
- 8 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 12.5 oz. can of chicken or 1 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ½ cup Louisiana style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing dry seasoning
- chopped chives optional, the ranch dressing dry seasoning usually contains chives
- 4 burrito sized tortillas or 6 taco sized tortillas
- Place all of the ingredients, except the tortillas, into a medium size mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Spread ¼ to ⅓ cup of the mixture onto a tortilla and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place the rolls on a sheet or plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- When you are ready to serve, cut each roll-up into 10-12 pinwheels.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- You can also serve as a cold dip with tortilla chips instead of making pinwheels.