“I love the texture of these pecan pie bars. Moist, chewy, nutty and seriously delicious!”
Um … can I please have a moment to tell you why these PECAN PIE BARS are totally AMAZING?? I promise it will only take a few minutes.
*You can eat pecan pie without a fork
*Easy to make
*Your kids will love them and change your name to ” The GOAT” … bonus!
*Perfect to pack in lunches
*Moist and Chewy
*Nutty and Sweet
*Delicious and Perfect for Fall
Ok … that’s just a FEW reasons you should make these Pecan Pie Bars ASAP!
(If you don’t know what “GOAT” means … just ask in the comments below and I’ll tell you :))
So without further adieu … check out this super delicious
Pecan Pie Bars recipe
They are moist and chewy … rich and decadent … and full of pecans. Yum yum yum!
This recipe calls for a box cake mix. I’m one of those people who really love cooking from scratch sometimes … and really love cooking semi-homemade the rest of the time.
If I can utilize a cake box mix to make these amazing pecan pie bars … well then … that’s exactly what I’m gonna do!
You are going to LOVE these. Especially for all you pecan pie fans out there!
If you like baking semi-homemade … try out these Carrot Cake Cookies!Print
- 1 box yellow cake mix (reserve 2/3 cup for filling)
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, melted
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1.5 cups light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Mix the crust ingredients together thoroughly in a medium mixing bowl using a fork.
- Press into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the filling.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Mix the filling ingredients together thoroughly in a medium mixing bowl using a spatula and pour over the cooled crust. (Don’t forget the 2/3 cup of cake mix)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.