Pecan Pie Bars are chewy, nutty and seriously delicious! They are so easy to make with just a few ingredients and are a great dessert any time of the year!
Why are these PECAN PIE BARS totally AMAZING??
- You can eat pecan pie without a fork.
- Super easy to make.
- Perfect to pack in lunches.
- Moist and Chewy.
- Nutty and Sweet.
OK ... that's just a FEW reasons you should make these Pecan Pie Bars ASAP!
This recipe calls for a box cake mix. I'm one of those people who really love cooking from scratch sometimes ... and really love cooking semi-homemade the rest of the time. If I can utilize a cake box mix to make these amazing pecan pie bars ... well then ... that's exactly what I'm gonna do!
How to make Pecan Pie Bars:
- Crust. You'll want to make the crust first by mixing the cake mix with one egg and a stick of butter that's been melted. Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish that has been greased. Pop it into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes and then take it out and set it aside.
- Pecan Pie Filling. In a mixing bowl, combine the light corn syrup, light brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and chopped pecans. Pour this over the crust and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and run a sharp knife around the outside edges to help loosen from the baking dish. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
You are going to LOVE these. Especially for all you pecan pie fans out there! Promise!
If you like baking semi-homemade ... try out these Carrot Cake Cookies!
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter (melted)
Pecan Pie Filling
- 1.5 cups light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Mix the crust ingredients together thoroughly in a medium mixing bowl using a fork.
- Press into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the filling.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Mix the filling ingredients together thoroughly in a medium mixing bowl using a spatula and pour over the crust.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Wrap individual bars in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.