Vanilla Bean Cheesecake is not just another cheesecake recipe. It’s incredibly rich and decadent, with the perfect creamy cheesecake consistency! Topped with a white chocolate mousse and homemade whipped cream, this is hands down … the BEST Vanilla Bean Cheesecake you’ll ever taste!
THE BEST VANILLA BEAN CHEESECAKE RECIPE EVER!
I’m sure you’ve seen a million recipes for cheesecake claiming that it’s the “best” ever, but I’m here to tell you … this cheesecake recipe is gonna knock your socks off! Grab your spring-form pan and let’s get started!
The Graham Cracker Crust
What makes this cheesecake extra yummy is this amazing graham cracker crust. My secret? Using light brown sugar instead of white sugar in the crust to add an extra layer of richness!
Start by preheating your oven to 375°.
Place the graham crackers in a plastic Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin until they have a fine consistency. Put the crushed graham crackers and the rest of the crust ingredients together in a small bowl and mix until well combined. The texture should look and feel like damp sand.
Press the crust mixture into a spring-form pan lined with parchment paper. I like to make sure I press some of the crust up the side of the pan.
Bake the crust for about 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and let it cool while you put together the cheesecake filling.
IMPORTANT! Turn your oven down to 320° after you’ve removed your crust from the oven.
The Super Creamy Cheesecake Filling
In a stand mixer, blend the cheesecake filling ingredients together using a paddle attachment until it becomes smooth and creamy. Don’t over mix. It’s important not to incorporate too much air into the batter.
CHEESECAKE BAKING TIP: Always allow your ingredients to come to room temperature before mixing. This will prevent lumps in your cheesecake. I’ve also started using brand name cream cheese because it does have a tangier taste than the store brands and it gives a much smoother filling.
Pour the mixture over the crust, smooth the top with a spatula and bake for one hour at 320°.
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a sharp knife around the inside rim of the spring-form pan so that the cheesecake won’t stick to the sides. Don’t be alarmed if the cake looks jiggly when you remove it from the oven, this is normal. Let it cool on a counter-top for about an hour and then place into the refrigerator to set up overnight.
White Chocolate Mousse Topping … The Game Changer
Want to talk about a cheesecake game changer? The White Chocolate Mousse topping puts this cheesecake straight over the top!
Make the white chocolate mousse and place it alongside the cheesecake in the refrigerator to chill overnight (keep them separate at this point, you will want to spread the mousse onto the cheesecake right before serving).
When you are ready to serve the cake, spread the mousse on top and then remove the spring-form pan. Peel the parchment paper away from the sides and slide the cake onto a serving platter. Add toppings like whipped cream and fresh fruit or even chocolate sauce.
Homemade Whipped Cream .. um yes please!
Add this easy homemade whipped cream to the top of this vanilla bean cheesecake for decadence overload!
You are going to be so proud to serve this cheesecake. Don’t be surprised when you are bombarded with compliments!
Baking Tip: Parchment paper makes taking the cheesecake out of the spring-form pan effortless!
Please note that when the cheesecake first comes out of the oven, the center will be very jiggly, that is normal. Let it cool for an hour at room temperature and then put in fridge overnight to set up.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 vanilla bean pod, beans extracted or 1 T vanilla bean paste
White Chocolate Mousse
- 4 oz. white chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed graham crackers and brown sugar and mix with a fork. Add the melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Press into the bottom of the lined spring-form pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the counter.
- Turn down the oven to 320° BEFORE you bake the filling!
- In a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sour cream, corn starch and vanilla beans and mix until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the graham cracker crust and bake for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and place on a heat safe surface to cool for one hour. The filling will be jiggly in the center when you remove from oven. Do not remove the spring-form pan. You will remove it right before serving!
- Place into the refrigerator overnight to set, or at least 8 hours.
White Chocolate Mousse
- Place mixing bowl in freezer or refrigerator to chill.
- Melt white chocolate squares and let cool.
- In the cold mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, gradually add powdered sugar and continue whipping until it forms stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat the melted white chocolate and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine the whipped cream into the white chocolate and cream cheese mixture using a spatula. You do not have to be gentle while stirring. Don’t be afraid to stir vigorously! Place back into the refrigerator to chill overnight. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to put the mousse onto the cheesecake.
- Once you are ready to serve, spread the mousse over the top of the cheesecake and then remove the spring-form pan and the parchment paper.
- Top with whipped cream, berries, chocolate or all three!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 451
Keywords: the best cheesecake recipe, cheesecake factory copycat recipe
Love cheesecake? I’ve got you covered! Go to Amy in the Kitchen Cheesecakes for more awesome cheesecake recipes!
Need a spring-form pan? This is the one that I use : Nordic Ware Leak Proof Springform Pan, 10-Cup, 9-Inch, Red (affiliate link)
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your cheesecake/dessert boards for a quick reference!
Recipe has been adapted from Inner-Gourmet Vanilla Bean Cheesecake