Hot Baked Onion Dip is a super easy appetizer that only requires 3 ingredients, chopped onions, real mayonnaise and Swiss cheese.
It's the ultimate holiday, game-day and party dip!
This Hot Baked Onion Dip is hands down, one of the quickest, easiest, most delicious dips you will ever make. Even people that don't like onions love this dip!
The holidays are time for having lots of parties with family and friends. That means at some point you're going to have to come up with a new side-dish.
My aunt brought this hot onion dip to a party years ago and it was a total hit! Everyone was begging her for the recipe.
She told us that some people call it the "2+2+2 Dip" because it makes it easy to remember the recipe ingredients that way.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
2+2+2 Dip. Get it? It doesn't get much more simple than that!
How to make Hot Baked Onion Dip:
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of chopped sweet onions, 2 cups of real mayonnaise and 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Pour the mixture into an 8" x 8" baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. The top should be golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove the dip from the oven and gently blot up excess oil from the top with a paper towel.
You can make this dip ahead of time and store covered in the fridge until you're ready to bake it.
Serve with crackers or toasted french bread slices.
Tips for making the best Hot Baked Onion Dip:
More delicious appetizer recipes to try:
Did you make this hot onion dip? Rate this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
Hot Baked Onion Dip
- 2 cups real mayonaisse
- 2 cups sweet onion chopped
- 2 cups Swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients together until fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and use a paper towel to gently blot off any excess oil on top. Serve warm with crusty bread or crackers.
- You can make this dip ahead of time and store covered in the fridge until you're ready to bake it up to 2 days.