Hot Onion Dip is a super easy appetizer that only requires 3 ingredients! The perfect hot appetizer to bring to any party, it’s a real crowd pleaser! This Hot Onion Dip is hands down, one of the quickest, easiest, most delicious dips you will ever make! Even people that don’t like onions love this dip!
You only need 3 ingredients! How much easier can it get?
The holidays are time for having lots of parties with family and friends. That means at some point you’re going to have to come up with a new side-dish. My aunt brought this hot onion dip to a party years ago and it was a total hit! Everyone was begging her for the recipe. She told us that some people call it the “2+2+2 Dip” because it makes it easy to remember the recipe ingredients that way;
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
2+2+2 Dip. Get it? It doesn’t get much more simple than that!
How to make Hot Onion Dip:
- In a large mixing bowl combine 2 cups of chopped sweet onions, 2 cups of real mayonnaise and 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Pour the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. The top should be golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
- Remove the dip from the oven and gently blot up excess oil from the top with a paper towel.
You can make this dip ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you’re ready to serve it. I love to sprinkle a little fresh thyme on top but that’s totally optional.
I promise you, this will be the hit of the party…It’s a must try!
More delicious appetizer recipes to try:
Did you make this hot onion dip? Rate this recipe and let us know what you think in the comment section below!Print
Hot Onion Dip is a super easy appetizer that only requires 3 ingredients! It’s a real crowd pleaser!
- 2 cups real mayonaisse
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients together until fully incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and use a paper towel to gently blot off any excess oil on top. Serve warm with crusty bread or crackers.
- Serving Size: 4 tablespoons
- Calories: 158
- Fat: 15.6g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.8g
Keywords: onion dip, last minute appetizer