Deviled Eggs are a classic recipe that makes the perfect party appetizer for the holidays or anytime of the year! It’s made with just a few simple ingredients that everyone loves!
This post contains affiliate links .
Deviled Eggs are a crowd favorite and are super easy to make!
How to make Classic Deviled Eggs:
- Hard Boiled Eggs. You have two options for making hard boiled eggs. The first is my personal favorite which is to hard boil the eggs in an electric pressure cooker like the Instant Pot or the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker by following the directions over on my blog post Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs and Hard Boiled Eggs. If you want to make hard boiled eggs on the stove-top, bring a pot of water to a boil. Lower to a simmer and then carefully place the eggs in the pot. Let simmer for 12-14 minutes and then place into a ice water bath to stop the cooking process.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half length-wise. Place the egg whites onto a serving platter and the egg yolks into a bowl. Mash the egg yolks with a fork and then add the mayonnaise, mustard, white vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Use a spoon to fill each egg white with the egg yolk mixture and top with a sprinkle of paprika. You can also use a ziplock bag or a piping bag to fill the whites with the mixture.
The deviled eggs are ready to serve but if you want to mix it up a little, check out the following ingredients you can add to the egg yolk mixture to make a variety of deviled egg flavors!
Deviled Eggs Add-Ins:
- sweet pickle relish
- bacon and everything bagel seasoning
- sriracha sauce
- ham and cheddar
- roasted red bell pepper
- pimento cheese
- hot sauce, blue cheese and chopped celery
- olives and sun-dried tomatoes
- bacon, blue cheese and chives
- smoked salmon, capers and lemon
This recipe for Deviled Eggs is easy to make with simple ingredients. Classic deviled eggs are always a favorite appetizer or side dish any time of the year!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- garnish – paprika
- Hard boiled eggs. Go to my post on Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs or for Stove-top Hard Boiled Eggs – Place the eggs in simmering water and let cook for 14 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and immediately place them in an ice water bath for at least 5 minutes to stop the cooking and to make them easier to peel.
- Peel the shells from the eggs, rinse and then cut each egg in half.
- Place the egg white on a plate and place the eggs yolks into a bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks to break them up and then add the mayo, mustard salt and pepper and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Fill each egg white with the egg yolk mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
Keywords: easy deviled eggs, deviled eggs recipe, classic deviled eggs