This Pink Shrimp Dip is super quick and simple to put together.
Made with shrimp, cream cheese, chili sauce and other seasonings, its the perfect party appetizer!
Pink Shrimp Dip is such an old fashioned party appetizer. I remember having it a lot when I was growing up in southern Louisiana.
I'm pretty sure shrimp dip is a southern thing but please correct me if I'm wrong!
Any time there was a church potluck or a party going on, someone always ended up bringing this dip.
It's one of those appetizers that you just can't stop eating once you've had that first bite.
It's a guaranteed winner!
- small cooked shrimp - Cooked frozen shrimp work great with this recipe. Thaw and rinse before chopping.
- fat-free cream cheese - Full-fat cream cheese can be used if desired.
- green onions
- chili sauce - The chili sauce is what makes this dip "pink" in color.
- Worcestershire sauce
- lemon juice
- smoked paprika and a dash of cayenne pepper
How to make pink shrimp dip
To make it, just put all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix really good and refrigerate. That's it!
Super, super, simple people. Sometimes it's the simple things that make recipes so dang delicious!
I like to serve this dip with butter crackers but you could also serve it with toasted bread slices or Melba rounds.
If you love shrimp you should make this dip for your next get holiday party.
How to store
One of the nice things about this recipe is that you can make it a day or two ahead of time which really helps when you're busy with other things like, life!
Just keep it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Other recipes you may like:
Pink Shrimp Dip
- 16 oz. fat-free cream cheese softened
- 1/2 lb. cooked shrimp
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chop the cooked shrimp into very small pieces.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.