It’s New Years Eve and I can feel the excitement of the day in the air. In every city, big and small, thousands of people are running around town to get last minute supplies for this special occasion. For a year, I’ve subconsciously prepared for this night and it’s finally here. Whether the past 365 days have been fruitful or challenging, it’s time to reflect on 2014 and be thankful for both.
One of the things I love about New Years Eve parties is that delightful little thing we call the appetizer table. It’s really such a wonderful opportunity to be creative with food. Some people put much thought into this very important part of the event and when they do, the effect it has on the display is evident. You know what I’m talking about. There’s something about a decadent selection of finger foods to indulge yourself in. It’s not every night that we can enjoy such pleasures.
Goat Cheese Truffles are the perfect addition to your party menu. These unique, single serving sized cheese balls are so light, but so rich in flavor at the same time. It’s not often that you find that combination in one bite. The goat cheese adds a tangy element, while the nuts and mint contribute an earthy flavor. It’s rounded off perfectly with just a little sweetness from the dried cranberries. Pair these colorful little globes with other cheeses, fruits and crackers to create a stunning cheese platter. 2014 has been a very eventful year for me and my family. My children are healthy and happy, which is always something to be thankful for. I have a wonderful husband, that I love very much. Thanks to him, I was able to immerse myself in photography, which is my true passion. I created this blog in the summer of this year to give myself a creative outlet for that passion. It has come a such a long way in such a short period of time. It’s mind boggling sometimes to think about it. I’ve learned so many valuable things about myself and I’m looking forward to see what 2015 will bring.
Best wishes to you and your family and I hope you have a fabulous New Year!
- 8 oz. plain goat cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup minced mint leaves, or any other herb such as parsley or basil
- In a medium bowl, mix the cheeses together until smooth and creamy with a spatula
- Place in refrigerator and allow to chill for 30 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix the pecans, cranberries and mint
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and make a ball (the ball will be sticky)
- Drop the ball into the bowl with the coating and gently roll the cheese ball around in the mixture until it is fully coated
- Place on a piece of wax paper and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve