The Easy Hummus Recipe is my favorite healthy snack! It's a creamy and delicious dip that's perfect for meal prepping snacks for the week. All you need are a few simple ingredients and less than ten minutes!
Hummus is hands down one of my favorite recipes to have on hand because it's so healthy and versatile! It's such a satisfying snack when you're trying to curb your hunger until dinnertime!
Hummus is super easy to make and much less expensive than store-bought hummus. You can control exactly what goes into it, which is something I'm totally into!
This is a very basic hummus recipe which uses the following ingredients.
- canned chickpeas
- lemon juice
- salt, paprika, cumin
How to make hummus
You'll want to start out by draining the chickpeas. Make sure to reserve a quarter cup of the liquid from the can.
This liquid, also known as aquafaba, will be used to help thin out the mixture. I like to use this liquid instead extra olive oil to keep the calories down.
Next, place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until super smooth.
I find that my personal sized Ninja blender does the trick.
What do you eat with hummus?
Hummus is delicious slathered on warm pita bread, but if you're trying to keep the simple carbs on the lower side, it is amazing with raw vegetables.
It's is also great on cold sandwiches. I love to spread it on sourdough bread and then top it with sriracha sauce and crunchy veggies.
How to store
Store hummus in a covered container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Other recipes you may like:
Easy Hummus Recipe
Rate this recipe!
- 15 oz. chickpeas (1 can drained, reserve liquid)
- ½ cup tahini
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped parsley for garnishing (optional)
- Reserve ¼ cup of liquid (aquafaba) from the can of chickpeas. Drain the rest of the liquid and place the chickpeas into a high speed blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 2-5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
- To Store: Keep in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.