The Easy Hummus Recipe is my favorite healthy snack! It’s a creamy and delicious dip that’s perfect for meal prepping snacks for the week. All you need are a few simple ingredients and less than ten minutes!
Hummus is hands down one of my favorite recipes to have on hand because it’s so healthy and versatile! It’s such a satisfying snack when you’re trying to curb your hunger until dinnertime!
Hummus is super easy to make and much less expensive than store-bought hummus. You can control exactly what goes into it, which is something I’m totally into!
How do you make healthy homemade hummus?
This is a very basic hummus recipe which uses canned chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika and salt.
- You’ll want to start out by draining the chickpeas. Make sure to reserve a quarter cup of the liquid from the can. This liquid, also known as aquafaba, will be used to help thin out the hummus. I like to use this liquid instead extra olive oil to keep the calories down.
- Next, place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until super smooth. I find that my personal sized Ninja blender does the trick.
What do you eat with this easy Hummus recipe?
- Hummus is delicious slathered on warm pita bread, but if you’re trying to keep the simple carbs on the lower side, it is amazing with raw vegetables.
- 200 calorie snack idea: If you’re looking for a great snack to prep for your work week, hummus is it! Just place 3 tablespoons of hummus in a small container along with 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks that have been cut into strips along with 10 cherry tomatoes. Eat this between lunch and dinner for a super healthy snack that’s full of fiber!
- Hummus is also great on cold sandwiches. I love to spread hummus on sourdough bread and then top it with sriracha sauce and crunchy veggies.
- It’s great added to salad dressings like this Orange Balsamic Dressing to make them creamier and more rich in fiber!
How do you like to eat hummus?Print
A delicious and healthy hummus recipe that is easy to make in less than 10 minutes! Perfect for snacking!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped parsley for garnishing (optional)
- Reserve 1/4 cup of liquid (aquafaba) from the can of chickpeas. Drain the rest of the liquid and place the chickpeas into a high speed blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Top with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator for up to one week.
200 calorie snack: 3 tablespoons hummus, 2 stalks celery, 10 cherry tomatoes and two large carrots.
Keywords: easy hummus recipe, healthy hummus recipe