Grain free crackers are easy to make with 3 ingredients - flax seed, almond flour and everything but the bagel seasoning. They are thin, crunchy and naturally gluten-free. Delicious served with oil-free hummus or guacamole.
Are you looking for a cracker that doesn't contain grains like wheat but still taste amazing? If so, you need to try this recipe!
Earlier this year I took a food sensitivity test and discovered that I am sensitive to wheat, rice and corn. 😲 As you can imagine, this diagnoses was pretty shocking. Never in a million years did I think that these grains were contributing to my health issues.
You may not need to avoid these grains like I do, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy these healthy, easy to make grain-free crackers.
They are ready in less than an hour from start to finish and stay crunchy for up to a week if stored properly!
What you need
- almond flour
- ground flax seeds
- everything but the bagel seasoning
TIP: Flax seeds are sold in their whole form or ground. For the best flavor, purchase them whole and use a coffee grinder to grind them into a fine consistency.
Just about every major grocery store sells a version of Trader Joes everything but the bagel seasoning. If you have trouble finding it, simply mix the following ingredients to make a homemade version.
You'll only need 2 ½ tablespoons of the seasoning for this recipe. Store the remaining mixture in a container with a tight lid.
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons dry minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry minced onion
- 4 teaspoons salt
How to make it
Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C) Place the ground flax seeds, almond flour and everything but the bagel seasoning into a mixing bowl. Use a spatula to combine the ingredients evenly together.
Add the water and mix until there are no dry bits left in the bowl. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid.
Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out until it is as thin as you can get it. Carefully peel the top layer of parchment paper from the dough.
Use a pizza cutter or a knife to score the dough into rectangles or squares that are one to two inches in size. Or, you can break the crackers apart after baking.
TIP: I like my crackers to be about 4mm thick which is roughly twice the thickness of a nickel.
Slide the parchment paper with the scored dough onto a baking sheet and bake for 50-60 minutes.
To check for doneness, lightly tap the top of the crackers with your finger. The dough should feel dry to the touch when they are ready to come out of the oven.
After you remove the crackers from the oven, slide the parchment paper off of the baking sheet and allow them to cool for about 15 minutes. Break them apart into individual crackers and enjoy!
How to store it
Store the crackers in an air-tight container at room temperature. These crackers will stay fresh for up to a week.
Rubbermaid Brilliance containers are awesome for storing dry goods because they have a very tight fitting seal and are easy to stack in the pantry. (affiliate link)
More healthy snack recipes
Do you like this recipe? Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and we'll send you the latest and greatest!
Grain Free Crackers
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons everything but the bagel seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (162°C). Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the water and stir until there are no dry bits left in the bowl.
- Place the mixture between two pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to a 4mm thickness. Slowly peel off the top piece of parchment paper from the dough.
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to score the dough into squares or rectangles. Slide the parchment paper with the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the crackers are dried all the way through. Store in a closed container at room temperature for up to a week.