These Gluten-Free Waffles are just what you would expect in a regular waffle. They are soft and chewy on the inside and have that great crunch on the outside when you bite into it. You'll need fewer than 10 ingredients and 20 minutes for a delicious, gluten-free breakfast any day of the week!
Listen to me friends ... these waffles are insanely good! As they are cooking on the waffle iron, the smell of vanilla and cinnamon permeate the air leaving your entire house smelling heavenly! Add a little fruit, some butter and syrup and you've got yourself a delicious and satisfying breakfast that your whole family will love.
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect Gluten-Free Waffles:
- This recipe calls for a gluten-free all purpose flour blend that's easy to make and store for future recipes. If you cook and bake gluten-free, it's well worth the time and effort to make it for yourself.
- I've used the following, easy to find, gluten-free flour blends with great success: •Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour •Pamela's Products Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend •Pillsbury BEST Multi-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- Cook the waffles for around 5 minutes. Once there is no longer steam coming from the waffle maker, the waffles are generally ready to remove. For a crispier crust, leave them a minute or two longer before removing.
- These waffles are good enough to eat plain, but are especially delicious topped with extras like berries, whipped cream, powdered sugar, jelly, syrup, chocolate ... the possibilities are endless!
- Gluten-Free Waffles can be frozen and reheated. Store in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 3-4 months. When ready to serve, let them thaw in the fridge and heat them in the oven on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until warm throughout, microwave for one minute or use a toaster oven.
Other Gluten-Free Recipes you might like!
Did you make this recipe for Gluten-Free Waffles? Let me know how they turned out in the comment section below!
Basic Gluten-Free Waffle Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs beaten
- cooking spray
- butter fruit and/or syrup for topping (optional)
- Whisk the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat waffle iron and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour about 3/4 to 1 cup of the batter into the plate of the waffle maker and close it. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until steam no longer escapes. Most waffle makers come with a light that let's you know when they are done. Waffle makers come in different shapes and sizes so the amount of batter will vary.
- Remove the waffle using a fork or tongs, top with your favorite fruit, butter and/or syrup and enjoy!