Learn how to make the best homemade whipped cream with only 3 ingredients. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is so much better than the stuff you buy at the store!
Homemade whipped cream is the ultimate topping for just about any dessert.
Why make it at home versus buying the frozen stuff?
- Better ingredients. Homemade only uses 3 ingredients, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Frozen cool whip is made with oil and other unnecessary ingredients.
- Quick and easy to make. Homemade whipped cream takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
- It just tastes better! This goes back to the ingredients. It's light and fluffy and has that fresh cream flavor that you love!
Homemade whipped cream ingredients
There are only three basic ingredients that make up this recipe.
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
How to make whipped cream from scratch
The process couldn't be easier!
Place a mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill the bowl.
Add all of the ingredients into the bowl and use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until firm peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
Store leftovers in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Easy dessert recipes that you can top with homemade whipped cream
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
Rate this recipe!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in the chilled bowl, on medium-high speed until it forms stiff peaks, about 3-4 minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator, up to 2 days, until ready to use.
- Chill the bowl before mixing the ingredients.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.