Learn how to make the best homemade whipped cream with only 3 ingredients.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is so much better than the stuff you buy at the store!
Homemade whipped cream is the ultimate topping for just about any dessert.
Why make it at home versus buying the frozen stuff?
- Better ingredients. Homemade only uses 3 ingredients, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Frozen cool whip has oils and all kinds of other ingredients.
- Quick and easy to make in less than 10 minutes. If you buy frozen, you need to wait a few hours for it to thaw before using.
- It just tastes better! This goes back to the ingredients. It’s light and fluffy and has that fresh cream flavor that you love!
Need I say more?
Homemade Whipped Cream Ingredients
There are only three basic ingredients that make up this recipe.
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
How to Make Whipped Cream
The process couldn’t be easier!
Place a mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill the bowl. Place all of the ingredients into the bowl and use an electric mixer to beat on high speed until firm peaks form. 3-4 minutes.
Store leftovers in a closed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Other recipes you may like:
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in the chilled bowl, on medium-high speed until it forms stiff peaks. About 3-4 minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Chill the bowl before mixing the ingredients.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.