The BEST Oreo Cheesecake Recipe you’ll ever make! It’s a decadent, cookies and cream filled cheesecake served on an amazing Oreo cookie crust and topped off with a layer of chocolate ganache and homemade whipped cream. It’s incredibly easy to make and guaranteed to make everyone happy!
OK you guys … you want to make an Oreo Cheesecake? Well, this is the recipe you need to follow because when it comes to a dessert like this one … you need to Go BIG or go Home!
Look at this slice of Oreo Cheesecake! Can you see how rich and creamy it is? You are guaranteed to have a cookie in every single bite … My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Tips for making the Perfect Oreo Cheesecake
- Plan ahead! A cheesecake needs to be made at least a day ahead of time. I recommend allowing a minimum of 6-8 hours in the fridge to set properly.
- Make your own crust! It’s too easy to make and you’ll want to use a 9″ spring-form pan. The pre-made Oreo crusts are not big enough to handle a cheesecake like this one! Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until a fine consistency. People always ask if they should remove the creamy filling first. DO NOT REMOVE THE WHITE FILLING! Add the melted butter, pulse a few more times and that’s it.
- Make sure the cold ingredients are at room temperature before you start mixing the filling. This will ensure you get a smooth batter without little lumps of cream cheese throughout.
- Buy an extra bag of cookies. The decorations on top are totally optional but I can almost guarantee if you’re like me … a few of those Oreo cookies will be missing by the time you get to the assembly stage! There’s no such thing as too many Oreos!
- Make the ganache topping the same day as you plan to serve the cheesecake. Let the ganache come to room temperature before spreading over the top of the cheesecake. Pop back in the fridge to set and then top with whipped cream and more cookies before serving.
- If you are worried about the spring-form pan leaking and making a mess in your oven during the baking process, wrap a piece of foil around the bottom to catch any leaks.
- I wouldn’t worry too much about cracking with this recipe. Any cracking that occurs can easily be covered up by the chocolate ganache and whipped cream!
Oreo Cheesecake is a super decadent, cookies and cream filled cheesecake that’s topped with chocolate ganache and whipped cream!
- 14 Oreo cookies (the whole cookie with filling)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 32 oz. cream cheese (4 blocks), room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 14 Oreos, broken into large and small pieces (reserve some for topping, optional)
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- 4 oz. dark chocolate baking squares
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and line the bottom of a 9″ spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Place the Oreo cookies, with the white filling, into a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and pulse until fully combined. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the spring-form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and set aside while making the filling.
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and granulated sugar on low speed with an electric hand mixer until it is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating before adding the next egg.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add the sour cream, vanilla extract and pinch of salt, mixing until smooth.
- Gently fold the crushed Oreos into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the spring-form pan and smooth the top with the spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turn oven off and let the cheesecake sit inside the oven for 30 minutes.
- Crack the door of the oven to release some of the heat and let sit inside for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan to release it from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool on a heat-safe counter-top for 1 hour before placing in the refrigerator overnight. (Do not remove spring-form pan)
How to Assemble
Make the Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from microwave and let sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the chocolate to melt in the cream. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Smooth the ganache on top of the cheesecake and place back into the refrigerator to set-up for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator and remove the spring-form pan. Pipe dollops of whipped cream over the top of the cheesecake and place half slices of Oreos in a pattern on top of the whipped cream.
You may need more than one pack of Oreos depending on how much you want in your cheesecake. I only used one pack but feel free to add more!
Use a stand mixer or food processor if you do not have an electric hand mixer to make the filling.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 565
- Sugar: 28
- Fat: 43
- Carbohydrates: 37
- Protein: 8
Keywords: oreo cheesecake recipe, oreo recipe