Don’t you just love when you find a recipe that is so easy to make AND gives you a final result that’s just as impressive??
Well then you need to try these Rainbow Marbled Cupcakes! They are the perfect cupcake to make for birthday parties and all sorts of celebrations.
So go grab a box of white cake mix, food coloring and some frosting from the store and get to baking!
How to make rainbow marbled cupcakes:
I told you it was easy to make rainbow marbled cupcakes!
I’ve included my recipe for buttercream in the recipe box below!Print
Rainbow Marbled Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients listed on back of box
- food color of choice (I used Wilton in Rose, Sky Blue, Violet and Lemon Yellow)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix cake mix according to box directions and divide it into separate bowls to add food coloring. Divide the batter in as many colors as you are using for your cupcakes. I used four colors.
- Add food coloring to each bowl and stir each one to fully incorporate the food color into the batter.
- Begin filling the liners by layering a spoonful of each color on top of each other until the liner is 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before icing.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, 1/3 of the heavy cream and 1/3 of the powdered sugar.
- Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add the remaining heavy cream and powdered sugar in two more additions.
- Use food coloring to dye the buttercream the desired color.
- Put into a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.