Vanilla Sugar Cookie Cutouts … What could be more Christmas-y than sugar cookie cutouts?
I mean … who doesn’t love to gather family around during the holidays and spend quality time together decorating sugar cookies?
You need to try this super easy Vanilla Sugar Cookie Cutouts recipe that I’ve been working on for quite a while.
I own a home bakery called Cookies Royale. I create custom sugar cookies for all kinds of special occasions. Weddings … birthdays … holidays … you name it … I do it. This is the recipe I use and everyone raves about it!
Now I’m sharing my recipe with you!
Get the family together this week and crank out a few dozen of these amazing little sugar cookies. I’ve also included a link to my royal icing recipe so that you can get busy decorating!
I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!Print
Making delicious sugar cookie cutouts is easy with this amazing recipe!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter on low speed for about 2 minutes. The mixture should be light and fluffy but be careful not to over-beat.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and beat on low speed until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until everything is combined.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat on low speed for about 30-45 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then continue to beat until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Another 30-45 seconds.
- Place half of the dough between two pieces of wax paper and roll out into desired thickness. I prefer ¼ inch thickness. Repeat with the other half.
- Stack the sheets of rolled out dough on a baking sheet (do not remove wax paper) and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour or until the dough is hard to the touch.
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Cut your shapes out of the rolled out dough, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes. You want them to be very light golden brown around the edges. Do not over-bake!
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them on the baking sheet to cool down completely before decorating.