This easy no-churn ice cream recipe lets you enjoy delicious homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker. It's creamy, dreamy and perfect for summer!
All you need are 10 minutes and 3 ingredients, plus your favorite flavoring. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream and mint chocolate instructions are included!
Everyone loves ice cream but not everyone loves to make it. Most people think you have to have an expensive ice cream maker to have homemade ice cream. But that's not the case!
Heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream are the three ingredients needed to create the best no-churn ice cream ever!
I'm sure you've seen 2-ingredient homemade ice cream recipes that only use heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk.
So you might be thinking, why sour cream?
Sweetened condensed milk is just a little too sweet for my taste. The addition of sour cream cuts the sweetness factor and makes the base even more rich and creamy!
With that being said, the sour cream is an optional ingredient. Leave it out if you want a really sweet ice cream.
How to make ice cream without a machine
Homemade ice cream is so easy to make in less than 10 minutes!
- Put the cold heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk and sour cream into a large mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 2-3 minutes. The mixture will be thick and creamy.
- Choose any of the 5 classic flavor combinations and fold into the mixture.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
How to create your favorite ice cream flavors
Once you've made your ice cream base choose from the following add-ins to make your favorite flavor.
What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Strawberry is my personal favorite!
Strawberry Ice Cream: 1-2 cups chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Vanilla Ice Cream: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the beans from one vanilla pod.
Chocolate Ice Cream: 1 cup dutch cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of salt.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream: 20 Oreo cookies, crumbled.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional).
Tips for success
- Make ahead of time! No-Churn Ice Cream can easily be made in advance and frozen just like store-bought ice cream.
- To keep "heavy" ingredients like chocolate chips evenly distributed throughout the ice cream, give it a good stir after it's been chilling for 2 hours and then pop back into the freezer to finish.
- For extra yumminess, dip edge of the waffle cones in melted chocolate and add sprinkles before the chocolate has set.
- Let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop before serving.
- Serve with toppings such as homemade whipped cream, nuts, sprinkles, fruit and syrup.
How to store
Store in an air-tight, freezer-safe container, in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Make No Churn Ice Cream Recipe with 5 Different Flavors
Rate this recipe!
Ice Cream Base
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Beat the heavy whipping cream, sour cream and sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized bowl until thick. About 3-4 minutes.
- Select add-ins and stir into the ice cream base.Vanilla Ice Cream: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the beans from one vanilla pod.Chocolate Ice Cream: 1 cup dutch cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of salt.Strawberry Ice Cream: 1-2 cups chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.Cookies and Cream Ice Cream: 20 Oreo cookies, crumbled.Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional).
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Take out of freezer about 10 minutes before serving to make scooping easier. Serve in bowls or waffle cones!
- Can be made in advance and kept frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.