“Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats are perfect for Halloween!”
I don’t know about you … but … buying a hundred dollars of worth of candy to hand out on Halloween night really makes me cringe!
I know the kids like candy and all but … unless you’re giving out the good stuff … aka … Hershey bars and Reeses … I think it’s a bit of a waste.
That’s why I love these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats!
They are so inexpensive to make!
By using the generic brands, you can make about 50 of these yummy little squares for about $5.
Add a couple of teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to give them a little something extra or just leave them plain if you’d like.
To make these even better than your ordinary rice krispies treat … drizzle them with orange and black candy melts. Place the candy melts into disposable piping bags and melt them right in the bag!What trick or treater wouldn’t love to get one of these on Halloween night?
If you’re like me … you’re kicking it old school this Halloween with homemade treats!
Other Pumpkin recipes you might like!
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Monkey Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
Did you make this recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter plus a little more to grease baking dish
- 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice crisp cereal
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Orange and black candy melts
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish with butter or shortening.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the marshmallows and pumpkin pie spice. Stir constantly until the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice crisp cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and press down into the dish using a spatula.
- Allow to cool before removing from the dish.
- Cut into squares.
- Place the black candy melts inside of a disposable piping bag. Heat in the microwave for one minute. Move the candy melts around with your fingers to help them melt evenly. Place back in the microwave at 15 second intervals as necessary.
- Once the candy melts are melted, cut the tip off of the piping bag and drizzle over the rice krispies treats.
- Repeat with the orange candy melts.