It’s not Thanksgiving without a big slice of homemade Pumpkin Pie topped with whipped cream! This recipe for pumpkin pie is simple to make and is perfect dessert for your holiday dinner!
What could be more “Thanksgiving” than pumpkin pie?? I guess maybe roasted turkey, or sweet potato casserole … or corn casserole …but pumpkin pie is just one of those must-have desserts during the holidays!
This recipe is just what your looking for. The filling is rich and creamy, and has the perfect level of sweetness. It’s the perfect ending to one of the most celebrated days.
What can make this pumpkin pie even better??? A big dollop of homemade whipped cream!
An easy and delicious recipe for homemade Pumpkin Pie. This pumpkin pie is perfect for the holidays!
- 1 pre-made pie crust (2 pie crusts if you’re going to make the topper from the video)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 egg plus two egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan, trim off the excess dough.
- Place a piece of foil onto the bottom of the crust and then pour about 3 cups of dry beans onto the foil to help weight down the crust while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove the foil and beans and bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices and continue to beat until well combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, butter and vanilla extract. Pour into the pumpkin mixture and beat until all of the ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while mixing.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack until it comes to room temperature.
See video below! I made the pie topper by using a pre-made pie crust. I cut out a 9″ circle and then cut out diamond shapes. I created leaves out of the cut out diamonds and then used egg whites as “glue” to decorate the outer rim. I brushed the entire surface with egg whites and then baked the topper on a silicone mat (you can use parchment paper) for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Once the pie topper was cooled I placed it on top of the pie to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 265
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Protein: 5
Keywords: pumpkin pie, holiday dessert recipe