- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 egg plus two egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan. Trim off excess around the edges or smooth into a pretty design around the edges.
- Place a piece of foil onto the bottom of the crust and then pour about 3 cups of dry beans onto the foil to help weight down the crust while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and beans and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices and continue to beat until well combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour into the pumpkin mixture and beat until all of the ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while mixing.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack until it comes to room temperature.
- Place a metal mixing bowl into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixing bowl is chilled, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- See Video! I made the pie topper by using a pre-made pie crust. I cut out a 9″ circle and then cut out diamond shapes. I created leaves out of the cut out diamonds and then used egg whites as “glue” to decorate the outer rim. I brushed the entire surface with egg whites and then baked the topper on a silicone mat (you can use parchment paper) for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Once the pie topper was cooled I placed it on top of the pie to serve.