Southwest Pasta Salad embraces the sweetness of cream style corn, along with the spiciness of chipotle sauce to create a cold pasta salad that is perfect served with grilled meat, chicken, or shrimp. Super easy to make and it’s a great side dish to serve on a hot summer day!
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHWEST PASTA SALAD (60 SEC):
The base of this pasta salad is simple. It consists of bow-tie pasta, black beans, corn, pimentos, green onions, cilantro, avocado and pepper jack cheese. Only 3 ingredients are needed for the dressing … cream style corn, chipotle sauce and lime juice.
Like I said, super simple.
How to serve southwest pasta salad
- This salad is best served cold and it gets better and better as it chills so I would even make this a day ahead of time if you can.
- Since this pasta salad has no mayonnaise, you don’t have to worry about it spoiling in the hot sun.
- Serve along side a Chicken Salad Sandwich.
- Wait until you serve it to add the chopped avocados to avoid them turning brown in the fridge.
Southwest Pasta Salad is a cold pasta salad that is light, with the perfect amount of sweetness and spice. It’s a great side dish to serve on a hot summer day.
- 12 oz. bowtie pasta (one package)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup diced pimentos
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 oz. pepper-jack cheese, diced (half a block)
- 1/2 cup cream style corn (canned)
- 2 tablespoons chipotle sauce (canned)
- juice of one lime
- 1 avocado
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toss the ingredients, except the avocado, in a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Dice the avocado and toss into the salad right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 338
Keywords: cold pasta salad, summer pasta salad