Easy weeknight dinner options are endless when you have Greek Chicken marinating in the fridge! This easy Greek Chicken Marinade makes the most tender and juicy chicken you’ll ever taste!
Made with common ingredients like Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon, dried oregano and spices … this marinade will take your grilled or baked chicken to the next level!
How to make Greek Chicken Marinade:
Tips for cooking Greek Marinated Chicken:
- How do I know when the chicken is cooked through? The only way to know if the chicken is safely cooked is to insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat to check for the internal temperature. The internal temperature of cooked chicken should be at least 165 degrees.
- The juices should run clear if the chicken breasts is pierced with a fork.
- Bake – place the marinated chicken breasts on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes depending on thickness.
- Grill – It’s always a good idea to pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness before grilling, about one inch. This will help to cook the meat evenly and prevent over cooking and drying out.
- Pan-fry – Pound the chicken to an inch thickness between two pieces of plastic wrap. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Oil the pan and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Use Preserved Lemons instead of fresh lemon juice. I think every cook needs a jar of preserved lemons on the shelf and this marinade is the perfect excuse to go ahead make some! Substitute the fresh lemon juice and zest for 1/2 of a perserved lemon and eliminate the salt. (Preserved lemons are salty!)
- It tastes amazing tucked inside a pita pocket with lettuce, tomato and homemade tzatziki sauce or served alongside a delicious Greek Orzo Salad for a seriously tasty dinner!
Greek Chicken Marinade turns your chicken breasts into the most tender and juicy chicken you’ll ever taste!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 3 lemons (zest of 1 lemon and juice of all 3)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (2 lbs.)
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the chicken breasts in the marinade to coat. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat a lightly oiled grill pan over high heat.
- Sear the chicken breasts on one side for 5 minutes, turn them over and bake for 15 minutes or until done through.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 24
Keywords: greek chicken recipe, greek marinade