This Best Chicken Salad recipe is an amazing meal that you can whip up in just a few minutes. A surprisingly common ingredient gives this classic recipe a healthy twist … and a rarely used herb puts this on the “Best Chicken Salad you’ll ever make” list!
So, what makes this the Best-Ever Chicken Salad?
This recipe has a couple of ingredients that separate it from your average chicken salad. Yes, it utilizes store-bought rotisserie chicken to make it super quick. (No cooking involved) Yes, it has a little mayo for creaminess. (What’s chicken salad without mayo??) And yes, it’s got loads of crunchy sliced almonds to add to the texture.
But what about the “surprisingly common” ingredient that makes it healthier??
Cream Style Corn. Yes, my friends, cream style corn from a can.
Cream style corn gives the salad a little sweetness and makes it healthier by replacing most of the mayonnaise! Instead of this chicken salad being full of extra fat and calories, it’s loaded with creamy goodness and amazing flavor. But cream corn isn’t the only thing that makes this recipe so special.
Tarragon is like the ying … to rotisserie chicken’s yang. They were simply meant for each other folks.
Let me just say, if you’ve never tried this flavor combination … I’m probably going to be your new best friend!
How to serve chicken salad
- Making chicken salad is easy if you keep shredded chicken on hand with this Easy Crockpot Shredded Chicken.
- Make a sandwich on a croissant bun, with lettuce and tomato and serve with a side of Southwest Pasta Salad.
- Piled high as a salad over a bed of lettuce.
- Serve as a dip with tortilla chips!
- Make a wrap using a low-carb tortilla.
- Meatless Mondays – To make this a vegan chicken salad, replace the chicken with two drained cans of mashed chickpeas and use vegan mayo.
The Best Chicken Salad you’ll ever make! It’s lightened up with cream style corn and uses dried tarragon to give it a really unique flavor!
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Cover and chill for 2 or more hours before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 1
- Fat: 14
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Protein: 18
Keywords: easy sandwich recipe, how to make chicken salad