Learn how to make carrot cake whoopie pies from a cake mix. Thick and deliciously spiced cookies with a cream cheese filling will have everyone asking for more!
What could be more delicious than carrot cake cookies from cake mix with cream cheese frosting?
Have an amazing dessert whipped up in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for holiday parties.
This super easy, Carrot Cake Whoopie Pie recipe is sure to be a favorite!
What you will need
Grab a carrot cake box mix and a few extra ingredients and you'll have these tasty morsels ready in no time.
- carrot cake box mix
- rolled oats
- chopped nuts
- cream cheese frosting
Carrot cake mix: A vanilla cake mix can be substituted. You will need to add 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the recipe.
Cream cheese frosting: Homemade cream cheese frosting is amazing, but you can use pre-made frosting to keep these super quick and easy to make.
Chopped nuts: I prefer to use chopped pecans with this recipe but chopped walnuts would be delicious as well.
How to make carrot cake whoopie pies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add the rest of the cookie ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto the baking sheet and press down lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool on pan for 5-7 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let cool completely and then spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on the back of a cookie and press another on top to create a cookie sandwich.
How to store
Store these carrot cake whoopie pies in the fridge, covered, for up to 1 week. They can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Other recipes you may like:
Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
- I box carrot cake mix
- 8 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts I used pecans
- 2 cups cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto the baking sheet and press down lightly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool on pan for 5-7 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on the back of a cookie and press another together to create a cookie sandwich.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.