What do you get when you add graham crackers and marshmallows to an already decadent brownie recipe?….Definitely not just another brownie… You get a rich, chocolaty, ooey, gooey, go grab a cold glass of milk brownie! This is one brownie recipe you’ve got to try. I’m not calling them the Ultimate S’mores Brownies for nothing!I am a lover of all things chocolate, brownies being one of my favorites. This recipe for Ultimate S’mores Brownies doesn’t disappoint. They are thick and chewy and very very chocolaty. There is a layer of graham crackers, marshmallows and more chocolate in the center that melts into the brownie batter and creates a luscious bite of chocolaty goodness. This is a whole new level of brownies! Oh chocolate, how I love thee…So get to layering and bake some of these bad boys up tonight!
How to layer S’mores Brownies
Ultimate S'mores Brownies
- 1.5 sticks of unsalted butter
- 24 oz. dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 48 graham crackers, one sleeve should be enough
- 5 oz. mini marshmallows, half a pack, or more if you like
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a 9" x 13" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and 12 oz. of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and then melt for another 30 seconds. Stir until fully incorporated. Set aside to cool.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue to beat for another minute.
- Stir the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients one third at a time and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Spread half of the brownie mixture onto the bottom of the parchment lined baking pan.
- Place a layer of graham crackers, then a layer of the remaining chocolate chips, a layer of marshmallows and then another layer of graham crackers.
- Spread the remaining brownie batter on top and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting.