These s'mores brownies are super rich and fudgy. Topped with golden graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips for the ultimate brownie recipe experience!
S'mores brownies takes your favorite campfire treat and turns it into a portable dessert that is perfect for parties.
The inside of these brownies are very rich and gooey. The addition of marshmallows and chocolate chips makes the dessert very sweet so take note. This brownie is not for the faint of heart!
S'mores brownie ingredients
Traditional brownies are taken up a notch with the addition of s'mores ingredients.
- brownie batter - from scratch
- graham crackers
- miniature marshmallows
- chocolate chips
S'mores brownies can be made completely from scratch or using a boxed mix if you're looking for a semi-homemade brownie recipe. Either way you decide to make them, the assembly is the same.
How do you make s'mores brownies?
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper. Line the bottom of the pan with a layer of graham crackers.
Step 2: Mix the brownie ingredients in a bowl and pour it over the layer of graham crackers. Bake for 40-45 minutes on the center rack.
Step 3: Remove the brownies from the oven, move the oven rack to the top position and turn the oven broiler on HIGH. Sprinkle the top of the brownies with marshmallows and crumbled graham crackers.
Step 4: Place the pan of brownies under the broiler for 90 seconds, remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
How to store brownies
To Store: Keep brownie squares in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
To Freeze: Wrap individual brownies in plastic and insert them into a freezer-safe bag. Store in the freezer up to 3 months.
Easy semi-homemade dessert recipes
Transform a boxed cake or brownie mix into something special with these quick and easy dessert recipes!
Ultimate S'mores Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips divided
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° with oven rack in the center position. Line a 9" x 19" baking pan with parchment paper and then with a single layer of graham crackers.
- Melt the butter and ½ cup of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute on high. Stir and then heat for another 30 seconds. Stir in the vanilla extract until smooth and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the butter mixture to the bowl and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Add the mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula until smooth and creamy. Spread the brownie batter evenly over the graham crackers and smooth with an off-set spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and remove from the oven. Move the oven rack to the top position and turn the oven broiler on.
- Top the brownies with graham crackers pieces and marshmallows. Place the baking pan under the broiler to allow the marshmallows to brown, about 60-90 seconds. (Oven temperatures vary so keep an eye on them to prevent burning.)
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate chips and allow to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares.
The recipe was originally published in February 2015. The assembly of ingredients have been changed and the recipe has been altered slightly to fit in a 9" x 9" pan.