Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies? I don’t know a single soul who doesn’t. Oreos have always been one of my favorite cookies and when I was a teenager, they started making them covered in chocolate. I seriously didn’t think they could get any better until my daughter begged me to make Oreo Truffles this past weekend. I’m so glad she did because they are so simple to make and so delicious!
Crush an entire package of Oreos in a plastic bag and then put them in a large bowl.
Using the back of a spoon, combine the crushed Oreos with the softened cream cheese.
Scoop out a golf ball size amount of the mixture and form into a ball. I find it’s best to use a cookie scoop to make the cookie balls.
Just scoop them out and put them onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or a cooling rack. Stick them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave. Whatever method you like best!
Coat the Oreo balls by using two spatulas or spoons.
Put in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to let the chocolate set.
I used vanilla frosting to decorate the outside.
That’s all there is to it. Hope you enjoy these tasty little Oreo Truffles!
- 1 package of Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 12 oz. chocolate chips semi or milk chocolate
- For decorations use anything you like! Melted white chocolate vanilla icing, sprinkles, etc.
- Place the oreos in a plastic bag and crush them into small pieces
- Pour them into a bowl and combine with the cream cheese. Use the back of a spoon to incorporate the two together.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, make golf ball size balls of the mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper ( you can also use a cooling rack)
- Place them on the baking sheet and then put in the freezer for 10 minutes
- While the truffles are in the freezer, melt the chocolate chips
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and coat them with the melted chocolate using two spatulas or spoons
- Place them back on the baking sheet lined with wax paper and put in the refrigerator to for about 20 minutes to set the chocolate
- Remove and decorate with you choice of icing, melted white chocolate, sprinkles, etc.