The Best Green Smoothie Ever is loaded with powerful superfoods like kale, spinach and swiss chard! It can be made ahead of time and frozen into individual bags which makes it the perfect smoothie packed with protein, vitamins and minerals!
There are so many green smoothie recipes out there, and I’m sure you’ve tried a few. This recipe is my favorite when it comes to green smoothies! I like to have this for breakfast because it has enough calories to hold me over until lunch!
How to make Best Green Smoothie Ever!
You only need a few ingredients to make a really good green smoothie but the most important part is the “greens”. You can use any greens you want! Whatever is in season will work. Spinach, kale, swiss chard, collards, beet greens .. they all work to give the nutrient boost you’re looking for!
To give this green smoothie a little extra boost of flavor and thickness, I’ve included avocado, frozen bananas and peanut butter powder. It’s sweetened naturally with stevia drops.
Tips for making the Best Green Smoothie Ever!
- Blend the greens and water together first to make sure they are nice and smooth before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- The peanut butter powder can be replaced with regular nut butter if you are looking for a higher fat content. It will also make the smoothie creamier.
- Place the ingredients, expect water and stevia, into individual freezer bags. When you’re ready just grab a bag from the freezer, throw everything into a blender and you’ll have your smoothie ready in less than 5 minutes!
- Sweeten with stevia, maple syrup, agave or honey.
Other Dairy-Free Smoothies:
- Sunrise Detox Smoothie – gotta get that beach bod ready!
- Lemonade Crush Smoothie – just like Chik fil A frosted lemonade!
- Orange Julius Smoothie – think Orange Julius!
- PB & J Smoothie – Your favorite sandwich!
- S’mores Protein Smoothie – great for the kiddos!
- Raspberry Cream Smoothie – refreshing
- Triple “B” Detox Smoothie – detox
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – Elvis would be proud!
- Beet Detox Smoothie – detox
A delicious and filling green smoothie for breakfast!
- 2 cups mixed greens – spinach, swiss chard, beet greens, etc.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 5 drops Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme
- 2 T PBFit
- 1-2 cups water, depending on how thick you want it to be
- Place the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 400
- Sugar: 28
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Protein: 11
Keywords: green smoothie, easy smoothie recipe
This post was originally posted in May 2016 and updated in July 2018.