This Raspberry Smoothie recipe is made with frozen raspberries, banana, coconut water, flax seed and non-dairy yogurt.
It's a great fruit smoothie recipe that can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast or on-the-go snack. Boost your immunity and enjoy a delicious breakfast at the same time!
This post contain affiliate links.
What are the best ingredients for smoothies with fruit?
When it comes to making fruit smoothies like Sunrise Detox Smoothies or creamy Orange Creamsicle Smoothies, the possibilities are endless! For this raspberry smoothie recipe I've included the following ingredients:
- Frozen Raspberries - I always go for frozen fruit when making smoothies so that I can skip the ice. I like my smoothies to be creamy instead of slushy which brings me to the next ingredient.
- Frozen Bananas - Bananas add natural sweetness and fiber and help to make a perfect smoothie consistency.
- Coconut Water - Coconut water adds extra potassium that is a much needed mineral in our diets. If you don't have coconut water you can substitute with filtered water or any milk of your choice.
- Stevia - Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme is a brand of liquid flavored stevia. These are not necessary but definitely make this smoothie taste even better!
- Dairy-free Yogurt - Yogurt in the smoothie makes it taste like a berries and cream treat! I always use dairy-free products when possible. Great options are coconut yogurt, cashew yogurt or almond yogurt. You can use regular cow's milk yogurt if you are not on a dairy-free diet.
- Ground Flax Seed - These seeds must be ground in order to reap their benefits which a dose of omega 3's and fiber. Use a coffee grinder to grind whole flax seeds.
Are raspberries good for you?
I'll let you be the judge of that! The raspberries in this smoothie will provide up to 44% of the daily allowance of Vitamin C which is great for the immune system. One serving of raspberries has 8 grams of fiber, that's 32% of the daily recommended allowance.
Raspberries are also rich in the flavonoids, quercetin and gallic acid, which have been shown to have a positive effect on heart health and obesity.
Studies also indicate that raspberry keytones may have a role in preventing the growth of cancer cells. Boost your immune system and enjoy a delicious smoothie at the same time!
How to make a Raspberry Smoothie
Place the frozen raspberries, banana, coconut water, dairy-free yogurt, ground flax seed and stevia in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour the smoothie into a large glass and enjoy!
More simple fruit smoothie recipes
- Best Green Smoothie Ever!
- Lemonade Crush Smoothie
- Sunrise Detox Smoothie
- PB & J Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Did you make this Raspberry Smoothie recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Raspberry Cream Smoothie
- high speed blender
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup coconut water
- 6 oz. dairy-free yogurt
- ½ drop Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme
- 1 T ground flax seed
- Place ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large glass and serve immediately.
- Try using non-dairy yogurt such as almond yogurt, cashew yogurt or coconut yogurt. Regular yogurt can be used as well.
- Fresh raspberries can be used in place of frozen raspberries. Add ice if using fresh berries.