Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is a delicious breakfast smoothie that tastes just like an Orange Julius and those old fashioned Orange Creamsicle Pops.
It's a creamy fruit smoothie that's made with fresh oranges, frozen banana and protein packed non-dairy yogurt!
This post contains affiliate links.
I don't know about you, but when I get up in the morning, I crave my fruit smoothies. I've gotten into the habit of making it a part of my daily routine because there are so many benefits to drinking them.
Especially first thing in the morning. When you wake up, your body is in a state of semi-dehydration. Smoothies hydrate your body as well as give you lots of vitamins and minerals. Boost your immune system and enjoy a delicious breakfast at the same time!
- Fresh oranges: Using the flesh of fresh oranges adds extra fiber to the smoothie. If you do not have fresh oranges, ½ cup of orange juice can be substituted.
- Frozen banana: The frozen bananas give a smooth, creamy texture to smoothies that would normally come from ice cubes.
- Vanilla yogurt: Pick from either non-dairy or regular yogurt. I prefer to use almond yogurt when possible in recipes.
- Milk: Whether you choose non-dairy or regular cow's milk, either will work in smoothies.
- Sweetener: Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme is my personal preference because it is made from natural stevia leaf and has a vanilla flavor that makes this smoothie tastes like an orange creamsicle pop!
- Fresh grated ginger: Freshly grated ginger is totally optional but I recommend it because it gives this orange smoothie a fresh zing flavor!
How do you make an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie?
This is a simple healthy smoothie that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Start out by peeling a couple of fresh oranges. Toss them into a high speed blender along with the frozen banana, yogurt, milk, ginger and stevia. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Give it a taste to see if you'd like it sweeter. If so, just add a few more drops of stevia and blend.
Pour it into a large glass and enjoy!
More simple healthy smoothie recipes
- Best Green Smoothie Ever!
- Lemonade Crush Smoothie
- Sunrise Detox Smoothie
- PB & J Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
Did you make this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- high speed blender
- 2 fresh oranges
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- 1 drop Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme (can substitute any sweetener + ½ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- Peel oranges and cut off any white rind left. Remove seeds.
- Place the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.