Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is a delicious breakfast smoothie that tastes just like an Orange Julius and those old fashioned Orange Creamsicle Pops.
It's a creamy fruit smoothie that's made with fresh oranges, frozen banana and protein packed non-dairy yogurt!
This post contains affiliate links.
I don't know about you, but when I get up in the morning, I crave my fruit smoothies. I've gotten into the habit of making it a part of my daily routine because there are so many benefits to drinking them.
Especially first thing in the morning. When you wake up, your body is in a state of semi-dehydration. Smoothies hydrate your body as well as give you lots of vitamins and minerals. Boost your immune system and enjoy a delicious breakfast at the same time!
- Fresh oranges: Using the flesh of fresh oranges adds extra fiber to the smoothie. If you do not have fresh oranges, ½ cup of orange juice can be substituted.
- Frozen banana: The frozen bananas give a smooth, creamy texture to smoothies that would normally come from ice cubes.
- Vanilla yogurt: Pick from either non-dairy or regular yogurt. I prefer to use almond yogurt when possible in recipes.
- Milk: Whether you choose non-dairy or regular cow's milk, either will work in smoothies.
- Sweetener: Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme is my personal preference because it is made from natural stevia leaf and has a vanilla flavor that makes this smoothie tastes like an orange creamsicle pop!
- Fresh grated ginger: Freshly grated ginger is totally optional but I recommend it because it gives this orange smoothie a fresh zing flavor!
How do you make an Orange Creamsicle Smoothie?
This is a simple healthy smoothie that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Start out by peeling a couple of fresh oranges. Toss them into a high speed blender along with the frozen banana, yogurt, milk, ginger and stevia. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Give it a taste to see if you'd like it sweeter. If so, just add a few more drops of stevia and blend.
Pour it into a large glass and enjoy!
More simple healthy smoothie recipes
- Best Green Smoothie Ever!
- Lemonade Crush Smoothie
- Sunrise Detox Smoothie
- PB & J Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
Did you make this Orange Creamsicle Smoothie recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Rate this recipe!
- high speed blender
- 2 fresh oranges
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- 1 drop Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme (can substitute any sweetener + ½ tsp vanilla extract)
- ½ tsp fresh ginger (grated)
- Peel oranges and cut off any white rind left. Remove seeds.
- Place the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe is from Amy in the Kitchen. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images or republish this recipe without prior permission. Thank you.