Banana Orange Smoothie is a delicious breakfast smoothie that tastes just like an Orange Julius and those old fashioned Orange Creamsicle Pops! It’s a creamy fruit smoothie that’s made with fresh oranges, frozen banana and protein packed non-dairy yogurt!
This post contains affiliate links.
I don’t know about you, but when I get up in the morning, I crave my fruit smoothies. I’ve gotten into the habit of making it a part of my daily routine because there are so many benefits to drinking them. Especially first thing in the morning. When you wake up, your body is in a state of semi-dehydration. Smoothies hydrate your body as well as give you lots of vitamins and minerals.
What ingredients are in an Banana Orange Smoothie?
- Fresh oranges: Using the flesh of fresh oranges adds extra fiber to the smoothie. If you do not have fresh oranges, 1/2 cup of orange juice can be substituted.
- Frozen banana: The frozen bananas give a smooth, creamy texture to smoothies that would normally come from ice cubes.
- Vanilla yogurt: Pick from either non-dairy or regular yogurt. I prefer to use almond yogurt when possible in recipes.
- Milk: Whether you choose non-dairy or regular cow’s milk, either will work in smoothies.
- Sweetener: Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme is my personal preference because it is made from natural stevia leaf and has a vanilla flavor that makes this smoothie tastes like an orange creamsicle pop!
- Fresh grated ginger: Freshly grated ginger is totally optional but I recommend it because it gives this orange smoothie a fresh zing flavor!
How do you make a Banana Orange Smoothie?
This is a simple healthy smoothie that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
Start out by peeling a couple of fresh oranges. Toss them into a high speed blender along with the frozen banana, yogurt, milk, ginger and stevia. Blend on high for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Give it a taste to see if you’d like it sweeter. If so, just add a few more drops of stevia and blend.
Pour it into a large glass and enjoy!
Want more simple healthy smoothie recipes?
- Best Green Smoothie Ever!
- Lemonade Crush Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Banana Smoothie
- PB & J Smoothie
- Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie
- Raspberry Smoothie
Did you make this Banana Orange Smoothie recipe? Let me know how it turned out by ★★★★★ RATING this recipe and leave a comment below!!
Banana Orange Smoothie
- high speed blender
- 2 fresh oranges
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup dairy free vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1 drop Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme can substitute any sweetener + 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- Peel oranges and cut off any white rind left. Remove seeds.
- Place the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.