Doesn’t everyone like a plain ole’ cheesecake bar every once in a while? Of course so! The problem is that a lot of people think that making them is difficult.
If you’ve got the right recipe, it’s easy!
One of the great things about this simple cheesecake bars recipe is that you can make it days in advance of when you need to serve it. You’ll love how creamy and rich the consistency is!
As when making any cheesecake, make sure your ingredients are at room temperature. You don’t want a lumpy cheesecake or one that falls flat. You can use a water bath to cook these if you want. I love to use water baths when baking cheesecake because they always turn out perfectly.
Don’t like them plain? Just add your topping of choice. Anything from fresh fruit, fruit preserves, chocolate or even whipped cream would be yummy.
I hope you enjoy this simple cheesecake bars recipe!
Other amazing Cheesecake recipes you might like!
- Lemon Cheesecake
- Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Simple Cheesecake
- No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Chocolate Covered Cheesecake
- Vegan Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Mardi Gras Cheesecake
If you tried this Simple Cheesecake Bars recipe let me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! Make sure to RATE this recipe and leave me a message in the comment section below! Follow me on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM to see more yummy food!
Simple Cheesecake Bars
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 320° and line a 8" x 8" square baking pan with foil.
- Combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir together with a fork until all of the crumbs are coated evenly.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the baking pan making sure that the crumbs are compact.
- Place in the refrigerator until the cheesecake filling is ready.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together on low speed until there are no lumps and the cream cheese is smooth.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time, beating on low speed until each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Scrap the sides of the bowl between each addition.
- Pour the filling into the pan and gently tap it down on a hard surface to help remove any air bubbles.
- Prepare water bath (optional)
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off, crack the door and let it cool down for 1 hour.
- Let the cheesecake sit on the counter until it's completely cooled.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight to set up.