Blackened Shrimp and Cheese Ravioli is the perfect dinner for busy weeknights. So quick and easy, it's on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Do you know why you'll love this blackened shrimp and cheese ravioli so much?
- Well ... it's super economical.
- It's REALLY easy to put together. (I really mean that)
- It taste AMAZING.
- It tastes like you are dining at a fine restaurant.
I literally think that hits all of the ... I HAVE TO MAKE THIS ... check points!
- Frozen cheese ravioli
- Alfredo sauce
- Olive oil
- blackening seasoning
The Alfredo sauce and blackened seasonings are so delicious together. Make sure to get a loaf of french bread so that you can sop up all of that amazing sauce!
This is a great recipe to have on hand for date night, surprise company and busy weekdays.
Step by step instructions
Get started by putting a pot of water on the stove to boil the ravioli.
Once you get the ravioli going ... pan fry the shrimp with seasonings and a little oil.
After the shrimp are done, remove them from the pan and add the Alfredo sauce to "deglaze" the pan and create a spicy cream sauce to coat the ravioli with.
Once they have finished boiling ... throw them in the pan with the Alfredo sauce and toss to coat.
Top with the blackened shrimp, chopped green onion and some fresh thyme. Serve with crusty french bread on the side to sop up all that delicious sauce.
How to store
Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Other recipes you may like:
Blackened Shrimp and Cheese Ravioli
- 1 package of frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onions for garnish optional
- Boil frozen cheese ravioli according to package directions and drain water.
- Season shrimp on both sides with blackened seasoning and fresh thyme. In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and sear the shrimp on each side for 3 minutes, making sure to fully cook. Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the Alfredo sauce to deglaze the pan.
- Stir the sauce while heating and once the seasonings have been incorporated into the sauce, add the ravioli and gently stir to coat them.
- Place the ravioli on a plate and top with seared shrimp. Garnish with green onions and serve with slices of french bread if desired.
Super easy yet very flavorful! Like Amy says, the key is deglazing the pan. The kids loved it and the husband had thirds: this is definitely going into the dinner rotation. Thank you Amy!
Really want to make this but can you tell me what size pack of ravioli you used? I see them sold in 9, 10, 18 and 20 ounce packages. Thanks!
Hi Michele! I used the 1 lb. package.
Ana McCaskey says
Decided to change the recipe a little bit. I added chicken, some creole seasonings and baked it in the oven. It was amazing. With Garlic bread and Salad.
Oh em gee that sounds amazing! I love how the spicy creole seasoning mixes with the creamy alfredo sauce. Especially when you dip the garlic bread in it! One of my favs!
Texas Rigsby says
Gonna try this with crawfish and shrimp. Looking forward to the reactions.
That sounds yummy! Please let me know how that goes!
Sandra Hunter says
Love your recipes!
Thank you Sandra! ?
noelle vandell says
hey I was wondering if this could be made with cooked shrimp? maybe just through on the seasoning and heat it up in the skillet then deglaze with alfredo?
Hi Noelle! Absolutely you can use cooked shrimp. Just make sure they are thawed before seasoning and heating. I hope you enjoy, it's a really nice dinner that super quick and simple ?