“Shrimp Ravioli is the perfect date night dinner. Quick and super easy to prepare but it will look like you slaved in the kitchen for hours!”Do you know why I love this Shrimp Ravioli sooooo much?
- Well … it’s super economical.
- It’s REALLY easy to put together. (I really mean that)
- It taste AMAZING.
- It tastes like you are dining at a fine restaurant.
I literally think that hits all of the … I HAVE TO MAKE THIS … check points!
This is a three ingredient recipe folks!
- Frozen cheese ravioli,
- Alfredo sauce and
- Shrimp …plus seasonings
Get started by putting a pot of water on the stove to boil the ravioli.
Once you get the ravioli going … pan fry the shrimp with seasonings and a little oil.
After the shrimp are done, remove them from the pan and add the Alfredo sauce to “deglaze” the pan and create a spicy cream sauce to coat the ravioli with.
Frozen ravioli is one of the most versatile frozen foods that I’ve found. They take about 5 minutes to boil and can be used in a million different dishes!
Once they have finished boiling … throw them in the pan with the Alfredo sauce and toss to coat.
Top with the blackened shrimp, chopped green onion and some fresh thyme. Serve with crusty french bread on the side to sop up all that delicious sauce.
And Voila … Date night is on!
This recipe for Shrimp and Cheese Ravioli totally hit the spot and it only took about 20-30 minutes to put together which left us plenty of time to enjoy the rest of our evening …
So instead of breaking the bank … my hubby and I will be breaking into our comfy clothes and chilling like official gangsters once our bellies are full.
Watching Netflix … or something like that, because you know … we are so damn gangster.
- 1 package of frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 T blackened seasoning
- 1 T fresh thyme leaves
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
- Boil frozen cheese ravioli according to package directions and drain
- Season shrimp on both sides with blackened seasoning and fresh thyme
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat and sear the shrimp on each side for 3 minutes, making sure to fully cook
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the alfredo sauce to deglaze the pan
- Stir the sauce while heating and once the seasonings have been incorporated into the sauce, add the ravioli and gently stir to coat them
- Place the ravioli on a plate and top with seared shrimp
- Garnish with green onions and serve with slices of french bread