This easy recipe for Instant Pot Chickpea Curry is on repeat in our house! This healthy vegetarian curry is loaded with a rainbow of veggies including cauliflower, sweet potatoes, red bell pepper and spinach.
Toss the ingredients into your Instant Pot and you'll have a warm, delicious dinner or lunch ready in no time!
If you're looking to spice things up a little, make this chickpea curry tonight! It is so rich and flavorful and it's ready in less than an hour.
After you press the START button on the Instant Pot, you'll need about 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure and 7 minutes of cook time. That's it!
Just like our instant pot black bean soup, this curry is amazing when reheated throughout the week which makes it a good choice for healthy meal planning. Separate the soup into meal prep containers and pop one in the microwave when you're ready to eat!
What you need
- butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- red bell pepper
- crushed tomatoes
- coconut milk
- red curry paste
- curry powder
- lime juice
How to make it
Wash and prepare vegetables. Place all ingredients into the liner of the Instant Pot, stir to combine and secure the lid into place.
Cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes with a quick release when time is up. Stir in the spinach and allow to wilt. Squeeze in the fresh lime juice, stir and serve.
How to store it
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. After that, the soup can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Traditional curry recipes include coconut milk, but you do not have to use canned coconut milk in this recipe. Opt for a lighter calorie option such as coconut milk beverage or any plant-based milk alternatives which can be found in the refrigerated section of the super market. Or simply replace it with water.
Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein. A one cup serving provides about 14.5 grams of protein.
More instant pot recipes
Instant Pot Chickpea Curry
- 2 (15 oz.) cans organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets about ½ head
- 2 cups diced butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 diced jalapeno optional
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch piece fresh gingerroot grated
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes or crushed
- 1 (11 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
To add after cooking
- 5 cups baby spinach
- lime juice
- chopped cilantro
- Place ingredients into the liner of the Instant Pot and secure lid into place.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes with a quick release when time is up. Stir in the lime juice and the spinach and allow it to wilt. Serve topped with fresh cilantro and avocado.