Easy Cream cheese Icing!
A real cream cheese frosting that taste amazing on cakes, cupcakes and more!
I love cream cheese frosting. Let me correct myself…..I love homemade cream cheese frosting.
Once you learn how to make it at home, you’ll never go back to pre-made frosting again! This recipe for cream cheese frosting is light and fluffy and has the perfect level of sweetness.
Only four ingredients are needed to make this amazing cream cheese frosting. Real butter, cream cheese, vanilla paste and powdered sugar.
You can use vanilla extract if you can’t find paste. I just like the way it adds the little flecks of vanilla bean!
Cream Cheese Frosting is perfect for Carrot Cake!
Or make Carrot Cake Cookies into Whoopie Pies!
It’s the best cream cheese frosting!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. I use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla paste and continue to beat until smooth and well combined.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon of milk to thin it out.
- Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.