Creamy, delicious Instant Pot Corn Chowder is so simple to put together with frozen corn and frozen diced potatoes, you’ll have dinner ready in under an hour. It’s perfect for the cold winter months and is guaranteed to make the whole family happy! I am so in love with my Instant Pot … I guess you can say I’ve turned into a Pot Head! Over the last few weeks I’ve made beef stew … french dip sandwiches … cheesecake … homemade yogurt and a bunch of other amazing recipes in my Instant Pot.
Dinner is super easy to make when you’ve got one of these awesome inventions around!
The hardest thing about this recipe is cutting up the bacon and a couple of veggies. The corn is thrown in frozen … as well as the ALREADY CHOPPED frozen hash-brown potatoes!
The thing that I love about the Instant Pot is that is has so many functions’ which means you don’t have to use multiple pots and pans.
How to make Instant Pot Corn Chowder:
- Start out with cooking the bacon. The Instant Pot has a SAUTE function to cook the bacon right in the pot! That’s right … cook the bacon and then saute the onions in the bacon grease to really take advantage of as much bacon flavor possible!
- Once the bacon is crispy and the onions are sauteed … throw in the rest of the ingredients (except the cream, flour and garnishes) and you’re good to go.
- Now … don’t go too far because this thing only takes 10 minutes of cooking time … 10 minutes!
- Once the pressure is released … stir in the cream and cornstarch mixture to thicken this chowder up.
Serve topped with shredded cheese, crispy bacon and chives to make this Instant Pot Corn Chowder even more amazing than it already is!
Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- 4-6 strips of bacon chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 20 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz. southern style frozen hash-browns the ones that are diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt pepper and red cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Garnish - shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives
- Saute the Bacon - Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside for garnish.
- Saute the onion - Saute the onion in the bacon grease for 3-4 minutes. Press CANCEL button to stop the saute function.
- Add Ingredients - Add the corn, potatoes, garlic, bell pepper, thyme, chicken stock, salt and peppers to the pot. Close the lid and make sure the vent is in the SEALED position.
- Cook - Press the MANUAL button and adjust to 10 minutes. After it is done cooking, let natural release for 10 minutes and then release steam vent. Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid and stir.
- Thicken - In a small bowl, whisk the heavy cream and cornstarch together. Pour into the chowder and stir to combine. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.