“Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup is so dang good! Enjoy the flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls in less than an hour!”
Have I ever mentioned that I love love love my Instant Pot?? This genius invention makes it soooo easy to put really amazing dinners on the table with very minimal effort!
Like this super easy and comforting recipe for Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup … It tastes just like stuffed cabbage rolls!
It is so amazingly delicious … and quick too. Seriously … you’ve got to try this!
One of the things I love about the Instant Pot is that is has so many functions. You can brown your meat and saute onions right in the pot. No other pots and pans necessary!
Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
Use the SAUTE feature to brown the ground meat and onions. Drain off any excess fat and then add then rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine and then hit the SOUP button. Adjust the time to 35 minutes and that’s it.
No boiling cabbage leaves, cooking the mixture, stuffing, rolling and baking. Literally throw everything in the Instant Pot and you have stuffed cabbage roll soup in less than one hour!
Can I get an AMEN??
This soup has a lot of tomato flavor, which I love but … if you don’t like a strong tomato flavor, cut back the tomato paste.
I used a 6 oz. can for this recipe but you can use just a tablespoon or two and still get a really good flavor.Print
All the amazing flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls without all of the work!
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground pork
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 cups beef broth
- 6 oz. tomato paste (use 2 tablespoons for less tomato flavor)
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2.5 lbs. cabbage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and brown the meat with the onions. Drain fat and then add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Put lid on the pot, make sure the vent is sealed and press the SOUP button. Set time to 35 minutes.
- Once the time is up, natural release for 20 minutes. Release the pressure.
- Remove lid, stir and serve.
If you like hearty soups and stews in the Instant Pot … make sure you try out my Instant Pot Beef Stew. It’s sooooo good!