Blueberry Pie Ice Cream is a luscious, creamy combination of homemade vanilla ice cream with a blueberry pie filling and crushed graham crackers swirled together for the perfect summer treat!
Want to make ice cream but don’t have an ice cream machine? The good news is that you don’t need an ice cream maker to get the amazing texture of homemade ice cream! With just a few base ingredients, you can make a variety of different no-churn ice cream flavors that is sure to please everyone. Make this ice cream the day before you want to serve it and your favorite fruit pie will be turned into a cold, icy treat that’s sure to be a hit!
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream ingredients.
- Blueberries – This recipe can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen blueberries, let them thaw before cooking to help them cook down easier with the sugar.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar is added to the blueberries to make a thick syrup while it cooks down. Other sweeteners that can be used are honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar or brown sugar.
- Heavy whipping cream – Make sure to whip the cream until if forms stiff peaks. This will give the ice cream a “churned” texture once it’s frozen.
- Sweetened condensed milk – The sweetened condensed milk is what is used to sweeten the ice cream. This is the only sweetener that you will add to the base mixture.
- Vanilla extract – You will get a better flavor profile is you use real vanilla extract instead of imitation vanilla extract when making non-baked desserts. Imitation vanilla extract will work fine if that is what you have!
- Graham crackers – Crush a handful of graham crackers into the layers to make this ice cream taste even more like blueberry pie!
How to make no-churn blueberry pie ice cream.
This recipe comes together so easily in only a few steps!
- In a heavy saucepan, cook blueberries down in sugar and a little cinnamon over medium-high heat, about 10-15 minutes. You’ll want the blueberries to be soft but still have some texture. Let them cool down in the pan and then put them in the refrigerator for about an hour. (steps 1 & 2) They need to be completely cooled before incorporating them into the ice cream mixture.
- Beat the whipping cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in the condensed milk and now you have your base. (steps 3 & 4)
- Place half of the cream mixture in a freezer-safe container. Dollop spoonfuls of the blueberry pie filling on top, sprinkle with crushed graham crackers and repeat the layering process with the second half of the ingredients. Use a knife to swirl the ice cream to create a marbled effect. (steps 5 & 6) Cover and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Take out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you plan to serve it so that it softens up and can scoop more easily. You’ll see that it’s rich and creamy, just like ice cream that’s been churning all day in an ice cream maker!
Tips for making homemade ice cream.
- Canned blueberry pie filling can be substituted for the homemade blueberry pie filling.
- If you are looking for a gluten-free dessert, omit the graham crackers.
- Homemade ice cream can be made in advance and kept frozen in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. If you are using frozen berries, let them thaw before cooking the blueberry pie filling.
Other no-bake dessert recipes.
If you made this recipe let me know how it turned out! You can leave a comment below and remember to RATE this recipe!
No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
Ice Cream Base
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Beat the heavy whipping cream, sour cream and sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized bowl until thick. About 3-4 minutes.
- Select add-ins and stir into the ice cream base.Vanilla Ice Cream: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the beans from one vanilla pod.Chocolate Ice Cream: 1 cup dutch cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of salt.Strawberry Ice Cream: 1-2 cups chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen), 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.Cookies and Cream Ice Cream: 20 Oreo cookies, crumbled.Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract, 2-3 drops green food coloring (optional).
- Cover with plastic wrap or lid and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Take out of freezer about 10 minutes before serving to make scooping easier. Serve in bowls or waffle cones!
- Can be made in advance and kept frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe was originally posted in May 2015 and updated with new pictures and instructions in July 2019.