Lemon Icebox Pie is a delicious, no-bake lemon pie recipe, made with sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and fresh lemon juice. It’s the perfect spring and summer dessert and it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
You’ll love the combination of fresh lemon zest and the cool, creamy filling in every bite!
How to make lemon icebox pie
- Start with the crust. I’m a big fan of store-bought graham cracker crusts to cut down on time but making one from scratch isn’t hard at all. Use the Lemon Cheesecake crust recipe which is 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers, 1/4 cup light brown sugar, 1 melted stick of butter and a teaspoon of vanilla. Stir these ingredients together and then press into a pie pan. Let it chill in the fridge to set up while you make the filling.
- Next is the lemon pie filling. Put the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, smooth out the top and stick it back in the fridge. Allow the pie to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tips for making the best lemon icebox pie
- Fat-free cream cheese or full fat cream cheese both work well in this recipe. The fat-free cream cheese gives this lemon icebox pie more of a sherbet taste and feel.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing in order to get a smooth filling.
- Fresh lemon juice is best but, if you can’t find fresh lemons, bottled lemon juice works just fine. I made two pies, one with fresh lemon juice and one with bottled lemon juice … no one could tell the difference!
- Pre-made crusts make this even easier to put together but you can always make a homemade graham cracker crust like the one in this Easy Cheesecake Recipe.
- Make this dessert up to 2 days ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. It can be frozen for up to a week. Remove from freezer and let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- If you don’t have a food processor, use a stand mixer or electric mixer to make the filling.
Most importantly, enjoy this Lemon Icebox Pie with your friends and family!Print
A no-bake lemon pit that is full of bright lemony flavor. It’s the perfect spring and summer dessert.
- 9″ pre-made graham cracker crust
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice (5-6 lemons depending on size)
- zest of one lemon
- Place filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the pie crust, smooth the top and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
Can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Using fat free cream cheese and fat free condensed milk will bring the calories down to 187 per slice.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 23
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 29
- Protein: 4
Keywords: summer dessert, no bake pie