Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
This grilled cheese sandwich is made with 3 types of cheese and a butter/mayo spread that makes this the Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich!!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese grated
- 4 oz. white cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices American cheese from the deli
Prepare the butter and mayo spread. In a small bowl, mix the butter and mayo together until smooth.
Assemble sandwiches. Lay the bread slices onto a cutting board. Spread each slice of bread on one side with the butter/mayo mixture. Turn 4 of the slices over and evenly distribute the cheese mixture on top. Place the remaining bread slices on top of the cheese with the buttered side facing up.
Cook sandwiches. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Place two sandwiches in the skillet and place a lid on top to help weight them down. Cook for 4-5 minutes, checking to make sure the bread is browning slowly and evenly. Flip over, press down with the lid and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Remove from the skillet, repeat with remaining sandwiches and serve immediately.
- Use a heavy lid that is smaller than the skillet you are using.
- If you can't find sourdough bread, you can use any bread you have on hand!
- Serve with tomato soup for the perfect comfort meal.
Calories: 777kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1324mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 767mg | Iron: 5mg