This Best Brownie Recipe makes brownies that are rich and fudgy on the inside and have a shiny, crackly top that you love to bite into! So delicious … and so easy to make!
Rich, chocolaty fudge brownies……ahhhh….heaven…..
There’s nothing like a homemade brownie with a glass of ice cold milk. These brownies really hit the spot when you’re craving chocolate!
I must admit I’m a bit of a chocoholic….. and coffeeholic…..and red wine lover…. I tend to prefer the aforementioned goodies in their darkest form, which is what you get when you make this recipe for brownies!The secret to getting the shiny crackly tops on brownies is in how you mix the eggs into the batter. The crackly top is essentially a “meringue”.
To get the crackly brownie top, beat the eggs and the sugars on high speed for 10 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. This will produce the meringue that will bake into a delicious, crunchy top!
How do you like your brownies? Dense and fudgy or light and cake-like?
Best Brownie Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz. unsweetened bakers chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° and line an 9" x 13" pan with lightly greased parchment paper. .
- Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and heat in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Use a stand mixer to beat the eggs and sugars on high speed for 10 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla extract and chocolate mixture until well combined. Turn the mixer off, add the flour and salt and then beat on low speed until just combined.
- Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and scrape the sides of the bowl. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The edges should be dry and the center should look a little under-baked. Remove and let cool on a heat-safe surface for 15-20 minutes before removing the brownies from the pan.
- Store these brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freeze in a plastic bag for up to 3 months.