The best Fudgy Brownies Recipe ever! Super rich, thick and delicious on the inside with a shiny, crackly top that you love to bite into. Your family will gobble these up in no time so make a double batch!
Rich, chocolaty fudgy brownies. Need I say more? These brownies really hit the spot when you're craving chocolate!
- butter: The extra fat from the butter makes for a very fudgy brownie.
- unsweetened bakers chocolate: Used to create that rich chocolate flavor.
- sugars: A combination of white granulated sugar and light brown sugar are used to sweeten the brownies. The addition of the light brown sugar helps to keep them moist.
- eggs: The eggs are beaten for 10 minutes in order to create a meringue that will float to the top while baking for a shiny crackly crust.
- flour: All-purpose flour is the best to use for brownies.
- vanilla extract: Enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- espresso powder: Also used to enhance the flavor of the brownies but this ingredient is optional.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips: For extra chocolatey, moist fudgy brownies!
How to make fudgy brownies
You'll love how easy these brownies are to make from scratch!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9" x 13" pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Place the butter and unsweetened bakers chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute, stir and continue to heat in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Beat the eggs and granulated sugar and light brown sugar with an electric or stand mixer for 10 minutes.
The secret to getting the shiny crackly tops on brownies is by creating a "meringue" by beating the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and melted chocolate to the batter and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt and beat on low until just combined. Don't over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The edges should be done and the center should appear somewhat under baked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
How to store
Store leftovers at room temperature, covered, for up to 7 days.
Baked brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow fudgy brownies to cool completely before wrapping individually in plastic wrap.
Insert wrapped brownies in a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn.
Other recipes you may like:
Best Brownie Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (cut into slices)
- 8 oz. unsweetened bakers chocolate (broken up into small pieces)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 9" x 13" pan with lightly greased parchment paper. .
- Place the butter and unsweetened bakers chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and heat in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Set aside.
- Use a stand or electric mixer to beat the eggs and granulated sugar and light brown sugar on high speed for 10 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the vanilla extract and chocolate mixture until well combined. Turn the mixer off, add the flour and salt and then beat on low speed until just combined.
- Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and scrape the sides of the bowl. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle on more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The edges should be done and the center should look a little under-baked.
- Remove and let cool on a heat-safe surface for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars.
- Store these brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Freeze in a plastic bag for up to 3 months.