Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
This recipe for chicken parmesan casserole takes your kids favorite food, frozen chicken nuggets, and turns them into an easy, weeknight dinner they will request time and time again!
- 1.5 lbs. frozen popcorn chicken
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 jar marinara sauce use more if you like it saucy
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella divided in half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded or grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil optional
Preheat oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta until "al dente" according to package directions. Drain and pour into a large mixing bowl.
To the bowl, add the frozen chicken, marinara sauce, 1 cup of parmesan cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese together until evenly mixed. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is starting to turn a golden brown on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil and more parmesan cheese if desired.
- Don't over cook pasta, cook only until "al dente". Use any shape pasta of your choice.
- Grab an extra jar of marinara sauce just incase you like it more saucy.
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to 4 days. Reheat in microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 774IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 3mg