Wicked Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse.
Emphasis on Wicked......
Hi everyone, I would like to take a moment to get you prepared for the complete and total chocolate cake ecstasy you are about to experience. Go to your room and put on your comfiest pair of sweatpants because you're gonna need all the belly room you can get. Once you taste a piece of this wicked chocolate cake, you're not going to be able to control yourself. And don't say I didn't warn you!
This is the second birthday cake I've made for the month of September. My smoking hot, sexy husband is the birthday boy who requested "The Best Chocolate Cake Ever Made", at least that's what he likes to call it. He's a very smart man and I'm gonna have to agree with him. This ultra decadent cake is covered in a white chocolate raspberry mousse and crushed fresh raspberries that compliment the flavor of the chocolate perfectly. There's a little tang that comes from the fresh raspberries that mixes with the creamy sweetness of the white chocolate mousse and then .......oh my goodness, the moist chocolate cake with that little hint of coffee flavor, rounds everything off into this truly divine slice of heaven.
When you take the first bite of this cake, you will know exactly what chocolate cake is supposed to taste like. It is the perfect density, the perfect texture and the perfect amount of chocolate flavor. This cake is best when it is served cold, so remember to chill it for a couple of hours before serving.
Do I have your attention?.....Good........ now go make some cake!
Wicked Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strong coffee (very hot)
- 5 oz semi sweet chocolate baking melts (I used Hershey's baking melts)
White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 6 T powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz white chocolate baking squares
- 2 tsp raspberry extract
- 1 pint crushed fresh raspberries (for adding in between cooked layers and to the top of finished cake)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray two 9 inch round baking pans with cooking oil spray and then line with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until mixed well
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and mix until fully incorporated
- Slowly pour in the hot coffee and mix until blended
- Fill the two round baking pans with equal amounts of batter and then add the baking melts in a single layer, making sure to distribute them evenly in the pans
- Cook for 35 minutes
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before transferring the cakes to a cooling rack and let cool completely before icing
White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
- Melt the white chocolate and let cool completely
- In a cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form and place in the refrigerator
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate and raspberry extract until creamy
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until fully incorporated and then chill until ready to use
- Transfer one of the cake rounds to a platter and spread a layer of the white chocolate raspberry mousse along with crushed fresh raspberries before adding the second layer of cake. Frost the entire cake and add more fresh raspberries on top
- Chill this cake for two hours before serving. It is best served chilled!