“This carrot cake is loaded with the good stuff … carrots, cinnamon and a whole lot of love!”
Southern Style Carrot Cake … is there any other way to make it?
Moist, delicious carrot cake recipe made from scratch just like grandma used to make!
This is the kind of cake you want to make for your family and friends because you know they will enjoy every single bite. It’s a dessert that’s made from the heart. It’s peaceful and nostalgic. Carrot Cake makes me think of Christmas and Easter. It’s the perfect cake to bring to a holiday party!
I love to curl up in a big soft blanket with a cup of hot coffee and a nice slice of this delicious cake when it gets cold outside. It’s the perfect treat for enjoying some alone time.
This cake consists of three moist layers that are full of sweet carrots and raisins. In between those layers is a lightly sweetened cream cheese frosting and chopped pecans.
The recipe is adapted from a cookbook that a friend created as a gift to her daughters. She took all of her family’s traditional recipes and crafted a beautiful cookbook so that her daughters would never have to worry about losing them. What a fabulous idea!
If you attend any southern party during the holiday season you’re sure to find a glorious carrot cake somewhere just waiting for you to indulge in a slice or two. Make sure you get some before it’s gone!
If you are looking for a carrot cake recipe that is moist and flavorful..you’ve found it!Print
Carrot Cake is a southern classic. This cake is super moist and full of warm cinnamon. Perfect for the holidays or anytime you want to make something special for friends and family!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 16 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks of butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 9″ cake pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and canola oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them together using a spatula until combined. Stir in the carrots and raisins.
- Pour into the three 9″ cake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract together until they are fully incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- When frosting the cake, sprinkle the chopped nuts onto the frosting between the layers.