I’m just like every other person that loves to bake…once I see those leaves starting to change from green to red, yellow and orange, all I can think about is … pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin!
I think about baking all year long but … when fall rolls around, the flavors I crave start to change. If you’re like me, you start to think of all of the things you can make with pumpkin.
Pies, bread, cookies and everything else in between!
These Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies are so soft and pillowy … they practically melt in your mouth!
What makes these little mounds of pumpkin heaven even better is a lightly sweetened yogurt cream cheese frosting that has very little fat and calories!
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do!
Baking Tip: I highly recommend using parchment paper when you bake these or any cookies. I love parchment paper because I never have to worry about the bottom of the cookies sticking to the baking sheet and my cookies are always perfect when they come out of the oven. I can’t bake without out it!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3½ cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour ⅓ of the dry mixture at a time into the wet ingredients making sure to fully combine before adding more.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place mounds of the dough onto the parchment paper.
- Flatten out the mounds by smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. (The shape they are going into the oven is pretty much the shape they will be when they are done)
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool before glazing.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and yogurt until smooth. (I like to make my frosting thicker so I use less yogurt)
- Frost each cookie and enjoy!
Do you need a recipe for gluten free flour? Check out this Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend recipe