Homemade Almond Butter is healthy, delicious and easy to make in your Vitamix. You only need 1 ingredient and less than 20 minutes to make a creamy almond butter that you’ll love having on hand for sandwiches, snacks and more!
I love almond butter, but it’s hard to find brands that use simple ingredients. And let’s not talk about how expensive they can be! This recipe for homemade almond butter requires one ingredient, roasted almonds. It’s the best almond butter you’ll ever have!
How to make the best Homemade Almond Butter:
Roast the almonds. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread 4 cups of raw almonds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. I like to use parchment paper because it makes transferring the nuts to the blender easier. Roast the almonds for 13-15 minutes, remove and let cool to room temperature.
Blend. Gather the ends of the parchment paper to lift the almonds and pour them into the blender. Put the lid on the blender and place the tamper in the lid. Blend on high, using the tamper to help push the almonds down into the blender. It should only take 1-2 minutes for the almonds to turn into almond butter.
Pour the almond butter into a glass container and cover. I love to use Weck Jars to store nut butters. Almond butter can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
The only draw back to this recipe is that it does require a high speed blender like the Vitamix in order to get a really smooth nut butter. The Vitamix is pricey, but I consider it an investment. The newer models come with a ten year warranty, which for me, makes it worth the price for what it can do in the kitchen.
If you use a different brand of blender to make nut butters, please let me know in the comment section below!Print
Homemade Almond Butter is healthy, delicious and easy to make in your Vitamix. You only need 1 ingredient and less than 20 minutes!
- 4 cups raw almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread the almonds onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the almonds into the Vitamix, snap on the lid and place the tamper into the lid. Blend on the highest speed using the tamper to help push the almonds down into the blades. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a container, cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Homemade almond butter will stay good for several weeks in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: almond butter, nut butter recipe