chocolate + peppermint = love
I don’t know about you, but I can get some serious chocolate cravings. I’m more of a dark chocolate kind of girl and I love the combination of it mixed with peppermint.
Think Thin Mints…you know… Girl Scout Cookies…one of my favs! I hide those things when they finally come in every year. They are some seriously delicious cookies.
You should have seen the little sweetheart that knocked on our door this year. She was the most precious thing with her high pitched voice and sweet, genuine smile. Even if I didn’t like Girl Scout cookies I still would have bought them from her! I’m thinking she should go into sales when she grows up.
So anyway…We can’t have Thin Mints year round but no worries. I’ve come up with the perfect solution to satisfy all of our chocolate and mint cravings.
gluten free mint chocolate chip cookies
I’m totally in love with this recipe for Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies! They are rich and chocolaty and complimented by the perfect amount of peppermint.
The outside of this delicious cookie is nice and crispy while the inside stays unbelievably moist and chewy.
There are only 6 ingredients in these guilt free goodies;
- Powdered sugar
- dark cocoa powder
- egg whites
- peppermint extract
- dark chocolate chips
A really awesome thing about this recipe is that you only need one bowl so…there’s less cleanup when you’re done. Bonus!
Simply stir the ingredients together and then scoop 1-2 teaspoons per cookie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.Be careful though. They spread out a little while they are baking so I would suggest starting with 2 teaspoons and see how they turn out.
There’s no way you’ll be able to eat just one of these bad boys. They are completely addictive, so…chocoholics beware!
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 5 T dark cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, egg whites and peppermint extract and stir until fully incorporated
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of batter per cookie onto the parchment paper and bake for 10-13 minutes (these cookies spread more than a normal cookie during baking, so adjust the amount of batter to the size of the cookie you are going for)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days