Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies are so light and fluffy … they practically melt in your mouth! So easy to make using gluten-free flour, sugar and spice and of course canned pumpkin! These delicious little mounds of heaven are topped with a simple cream cheese frosting that everyone will love!
Whether you bake gluten-free due to allergies or preference … you’ll love these delicious pumpkin cookies!
So soft and pillowy … they are the perfect gluten-free dessert for fall!
How to make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies:
Tips for making Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies:
- Use a pre-made all-purpose gluten-free flour blend. Brands that I’ve tried and love are: Pillsbury, Bob’s Red Mill and Krusteaz. If you bake often, save money by making your own blend with this recipe All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- Use canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has spices and sugar already added to it and will make these cookies super sweet!
- The batter will not spread or puff when baking. If presentation matters and you’d like the cookies to be smooth on top, use the back of a spoon or fingers that have been dipped in a little water to shape them. The water will help keep the spoon or your fingers from sticking to the batter!
- Sprinkle a little sanding sugar or white sugar on top with a pinch of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to make them look even more yummy!
- One of my readers, Melissa, doesn’t like yogurt flavored frosting so she shared this combination of ingredients to make a frosting without yogurt: 8 oz cream cheese (softened), 6 TBSP butter (softened) 1-2 tsp vanilla, and 2.5 -3 cups powdered sugar. Thanks Melissa!
Make sure to try out these amazing Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes!Print
The Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies recipe EVER! Soft, pillowy mounds of heaven. So moist and fluffy, they practically melt in your mouth!
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, canola oil, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir to fully incorporate.
- Use a small cookie scoop to place mounds of the dough onto the parchment paper.
- Flatten out the mounds by smoothing the top with the back of a spoon or your fingers that have been dipped in water to keep from sticking. (The shape they are going into the oven is pretty much the shape they will be when they are done!)
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, transfer cookies to a cooling rack and let cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and yogurt until smooth. (I like to make my frosting thicker so I use less yogurt) If the frosting is too then, add more powdered sugar.
- Frost each cookie and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 44
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Protein: 1
Keywords: pumpkin cookies, gluten free dessert, gluten free cookies