Sweet Potato Toast
Sweet potato toast is a healthy, gluten-free breakfast that is delicious topped with eggs and tomatoes.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ avocado mashed with the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- ½ small tomato cut into small pieces
- fresh chopped herbs - parsley and/or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and dry the sweet potato. Cut into ¼ inch slices. Rub each side lightly with olive oil. Toast the slices in a toaster until done. This may require 3-4 cycles in a toaster.
Top the toasted sweet potato with mashed avocado, tomatoes, sliced hard boiled egg and fresh herbs. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Air fryer: 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Oven: Place on a baking sheet and bake at 425°F. Toast each side 10-15 minutes.
Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 596mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9790IU | Vitamin C: 10.8mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.4mg