Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Dip
- 1 loaf french bread cut into slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1.5 cups shredded Swiss cheese ½ cup divided
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes° diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- ½ lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Turn on oven broiler on HIGH. Place french bread slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Microwave the butter and garlic in a small bowl for 30-60 seconds. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes, stir and brush the top of each french bread slice. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and set aside. (Save remainder of garlic butter to use in dip)
Turn oven to 375°F and spray a 1 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium size bowl, combine the remaining garlic butter, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup of Swiss cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Salt and pepper the shrimp and cook over medium high heat in a skillet coated in olive oil, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and cut into large chunks. Stir shrimp into the dip mixture.
Pour the mixture into a 1 quart baking dish and sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top. Serve hot with the toasted french bread slices.
- To Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: Bake in the oven at 350°F until heated through.
- To Freeze: This dip does not freeze well.
Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 153mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 246mg | Iron: 1.5mg