Instant Pot Corn Chowder
- 4-6 strips of bacon chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 20 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz. diced frozen potatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cracked red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Garnish - shredded cheddar cheese and chopped chives
Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside for garnish.
Saute the onion, red bell pepper and garlic in the bacon grease for 3-4 minutes. Press CANCEL button to stop the saute function.
Add the corn, potatoes, thyme, chicken stock, salt and peppers to the pot. Close the lid and make sure the vent is in the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and adjust to 10 minutes at HIGH pressure. Let natural release for 10 minutes and then release steam vent. Once all the steam has been released, remove the lid and stir.
In a small bowl, whisk the heavy cream and cornstarch together. Pour into the chowder and stir to combine. Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, bacon and chives.
- To Store: Keep covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat: Heat on stovetop or in the microwave.
Calories: 497kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 1194mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 988IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg