Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are moist and decadent with a luscious swirl of sweetened cream cheese on top! You'd never know they were made with a cake box mix!
Muffin baking tin
electric hand mixer
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup water
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree 1 can
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips optional
Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin tins with liners.
In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and water until fully combined. Fill muffin liners until ¾ full.
Drop a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each muffin and use a toothpick to create a swirl on top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Optional - Add 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the pumpkin muffin batter to make chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
- Store the muffins covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze the pumpkin muffins for up to 2 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn. Let thaw in fridge overnight before serving.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 352.85kcal | Carbohydrates: 51.57g | Protein: 4.87g | Fat: 14.4g | Saturated Fat: 8.01g | Cholesterol: 55.54mg | Sodium: 385.81mg | Potassium: 210.9mg | Fiber: 2.79g | Sugar: 30.23g | Vitamin A: 5823.51IU | Vitamin C: 1.57mg | Calcium: 134.79mg | Iron: 2.6mg