Goat Cheese Truffles
- 8 oz. plain goat cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup minced mint leaves or any other herb such as parsley or basil
In a medium bowl, mix the cheeses together until smooth and creamy with a spatula. Place in refrigerator and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the pecans, cranberries and mint.
Scoop 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture and make a ball. (The cheese will be sticky.) Drop the ball into the bowl and gently roll the cheese ball around in the mixture until it is fully coated. Repeat with remaining cheese.
Place them on a piece of wax paper and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Chilling the cheese mixture 1 day ahead of time will make them easier to shape into balls.
- To Store: Keep chilled in closed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze: These do not freeze well.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 104kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg