Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Pasta
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Pasta is a dairy-free pasta recipe that can be served as the main entree or as a delicious side-dish. It’s a quick weeknight meal that can be put together in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 1 lb. pasta cooked (your choice )
- 1 7 oz. jar of sun dried tomatoes drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth or stock (1/2 cup reserved for thickening with flour)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream I use Tofutti brand
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh basil roughly chopped (about 20 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons flour
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, saute the sun-dried tomatoes for 3 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for 2 minutes.
Add 2 1/2 cups of vegetable broth and the sour cream to the pan and stir over medium heat until well blended. Stir in the garlic powder, nutritional yeast, onion powder, cracked red pepper and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Combine the reserved 1/2 cup of vegetable stock and flour in a small bowl and stir until there are no lumps. Pour the flour mixture into the pan and stir until blended and the sauce begins to thicken.
Add the basil and pasta, stir and cook until heated through.
Make this dish gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and corn starch instead of flour to thicken the sauce.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 411kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 5g